Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
7,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This survey aims to gather data based on a diagnosis of IBS-C or Chronic Constipation; the quality of life, the treament and side effects from that treatment.In particular this is in reference to Zelnorm (tegaserod), currently indicated for IBS-constipation predominant sufferers, and going before an FDA Advisory Committee in July 2004 for its new indication of Chronic Constipation.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Addendum My experience(I'm female) with Zelnorm for IBS Constipation was the most severe intestinal cramping pains that I ever had in my life. Even with lowest dosage, the frequency had to be changed to only PM not both AM and PM. The pain did not decrease. After two weeks, I had to stop the medicine.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Jeff I thought you were going to include the side effect "dizziness" at the request of another board member. There were other common side effects for Zelnormsuch as:headachescrampingwatery diarrheaThe side effects you listed don't appear to be common among the people who tried Zelnorm here.skinny

·
Banned
7,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I listed those side effects because the FDA issued a notice about those as serious side effects in spring 2004. I was interested to know if they were common.Thanks,Jeff

·
Registered
686 Posts
i have never heard of zelnorm im wondering it it is known as other names! or maybe this medication is only available overseas (scotland here)

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
I agree Yogi.Z=####I'm not patient as you,took once.Maybe the people with only C can benefit from it.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
It is also known as Zelmac. I know it is available in Switzerland, but not sure what other European countries have it.It is for woman with constipation predominate IBS. Like some other IBS drugs there seems to be a pronounced gender bias.K.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts