Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
6,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This survey aims to gather data based on a diagnosis of IBS-C or Chronic Constipation; the quality of life, the treament and side effects from that treatment.In particular this is in reference to Zelnorm (tegaserod), currently indicated for IBS-constipation predominant sufferers, and going before an FDA Advisory Committee in July 2004 for its new indication of Chronic Constipation.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Addendum My experience(I'm female) with Zelnorm for IBS Constipation was the most severe intestinal cramping pains that I ever had in my life. Even with lowest dosage, the frequency had to be changed to only PM not both AM and PM. The pain did not decrease. After two weeks, I had to stop the medicine.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Jeff I thought you were going to include the side effect "dizziness" at the request of another board member. There were other common side effects for Zelnormsuch as:headachescrampingwatery diarrheaThe side effects you listed don't appear to be common among the people who tried Zelnorm here.skinny

·
Registered
8,963 Posts
I agree Yogi.Z=####I'm not patient as you,took once.Maybe the people with only C can benefit from it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.