Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive recently been diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, ive had a look online, and found that it can also been linked with IBS, which i also have ©, For years ive also suffered terribly from Vasovagal episodes, recently ive found things very difficult as symptoms and side effects from all three conditions seem to have merged together and make living day to day life difficult if not impossible. I would love to hear if anyone else has this situation? and if they found anything that helped, the longer it goes on the more im becoming low and depressed im feeling and being well and living a "normal" life is appearing further and further away from my reach.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
You may want to post this over in the chronic fatigue section of the board (or just read over there) to see what those who are dealing specifically with that usually in combination with IBS are finding helpful.If you are getting depressed please discuss that with your doctor. Depression and chronic illnesses of any kind tend to get in a vicious cycle where the depression makes things worse than they would otherwise be, which tends to make you more depressed, which then makes it even harder to deal with the symptoms as well as making it worse..and so on.I find when I (or anyone else) gets in that I will never be able to do anything ever again funk that really makes everything so much worse. So treating the mental strain of being ill can sometimes be as important as the physical symptoms.Unfortunately the abdominal pain and BM issues of IBS can set off the vasovagal symptoms. Are they doing anything to treat any of these conditions? It may be worth figuring out which is the most problematic to start seeking treatment if your doctors haven't tried anything so far. By picking one thing to start working on that can focus things so you can get through dealing with the combination.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts