Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello gang.I am going to start a clinical trial for an experimental IBS drug called Cilanstron, starting next Monday.I have to undergo a flex sig that day and blood tests. I hope it's not too horrendous.The trials go on for 10-12 weeks.I'll keep you all posted.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Is it used for IBS D or C ? What else do you know about it ? I love hearing about new things...... Hope it work's for ya !

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All I know is that it is used for D, and it's a Phase II study. I'll let you know more after I meet with the doc next week.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Sheeba.No, I'm in New York. I was born outside of Boston, but for now am huddled down here in the IBS capital of the world.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well underwent my screening yesterday at Dr. Connor's office. They took blood and urine and then did the flex sigmoidoscopy. Not fun.I had been up half the night letting the laxative do its magic and felt like shite in the morning. Went through with it even though I felt like my guts would explode; watched the inside of my large intestine on closed circuit tv. It wasn't pretty, but it was interesting. They said everything looked normal, so hopefully i'll be able to go ahead with the trial. They have me logging into a little computer every day for two weeks and then the actual drug trial begins. The doctor and nurses all were great, and I am excited to be participating in this study which will hopefully one day make our lives easier.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Hey Dogwood,Please keep us posted about this. I'm really interested in this. Is the Cilanstron supposed to be as effective on men as women? The Alosetron is more effective for women so maybe this will be the one for us guys. I really need something new lately. The other stuff must be wearing off and I have more stress now so something ain't working like it was so keep us informed please.------------------Joe

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good luck over the next few weeks Dogwood,
be sure to think of us eager to hear any news. Take care Jenni

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.