Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Hi Denisespoon,Yes I've been taking Cipramil 20mg once a day for about three months, initially to get over the IBS pain - Insomnia - Depression cycle.Within one month of taking it I was back to feeling normal and chipper - I very rarely have a bad day pschologically anymore and the hypnotherapy tapes have helped as well.What are you taking it for depression, anxiety or IBS?I haven't had any bad side effects from it even when I've forgotten to take a dose...which is good after my dreadful experiences with Effexor.All I can say is give it a go - it hasn't done me any harm at all.Clair

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Hi Denisespoon,Yes I've been taking Cipramil 20mg once a day for about three months, initially to get over the IBS pain - Insomnia - Depression cycle.Within one month of taking it I was back to feeling normal and chipper - I very rarely have a bad day pschologically anymore and the hypnotherapy tapes have helped as well.What are you taking it for depression, anxiety or IBS?I haven't had any bad side effects from it even when I've forgotten to take a dose...which is good after my dreadful experiences with Effexor.All I can say is give it a go - it hasn't done me any harm at all.Clair

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your reply Clair. I have been prescribed it today for anxiety and depression. I have to start with 1 tablet (10mg) for 2 weeks and then move onto 2 tablets a day. I am worried about the side effects as it says you can get nausea and D which is what I dont need!!!! Did you have no side effects at all?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your reply Clair. I have been prescribed it today for anxiety and depression. I have to start with 1 tablet (10mg) for 2 weeks and then move onto 2 tablets a day. I am worried about the side effects as it says you can get nausea and D which is what I dont need!!!! Did you have no side effects at all?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Denisespoon,No I didn't have any side effects at all...which was a bonus and I certainly didn't notice any adverse reaction in terms of my IBS either.That's why I've stuck with it - its really helpful with the psychological mood side of things but without the problems some anti-depressants can cause such as nausea.I hope it wokrs out as well for you as it has me,Clair

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Denisespoon,No I didn't have any side effects at all...which was a bonus and I certainly didn't notice any adverse reaction in terms of my IBS either.That's why I've stuck with it - its really helpful with the psychological mood side of things but without the problems some anti-depressants can cause such as nausea.I hope it wokrs out as well for you as it has me,Clair

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.