Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to have a surgery, a laparoscopic excision of bladder endometroisis and cystoscopy, first thing tomorrow morning, and today I need to do the prep. The doctor has given me citromag for prep today, along with a dose of mobicox last night and to night. I have IBS-C for the longest time, plus IC (Interstitial Cystitis) and currently taking Dicetel for my IBS and Macrobid for my IC. Since the pre-op interview nurse told me I should take my meds as usual, so I did. I am very nervous with the citromag. I haven't been feeling good today despite the liquid diet, I think it is because I am so nervous. My gut doesn't take a lot of liquid very well. Before I had taken pico salax for colonoscopy and it was ok with my guts. But the doctor told me citromag is better. My surgery is at 7:45am in the morning, I hope everything goes well.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I start taking it since 4:30 and finish it by 5:30, it is now 9:30 and nothing is happening other than a few ocassional cramp in the upper abdoman and a bit of gurgling, but nothing. It doesn't seem to be working. How long does this thing take to work?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's almost midnight and nothing is happening. Or well, citromag doesn't work on me then it doesn't. If they need to reschedule the surgery so be it. I am pretty sick of all this thing, trying this and that and nothing works. I don't feel the grugling anymore and the cramp also goes away too, doesn't matter how many glasses of water i am drinking. I feel gassy though, my stomach is all bloated up, and I have burp which I never do. That's about it. I give up. My bowel just doesn't want to act as it should, at least I am not in pain! Actually thank God I am not in pain. Can't believe nobody response to my post though.

·
Community Manager
13,220 Posts
hi cleung how are you?? i do hope the prep has worked by now. sometimes they take a while to work. i'm not familiar with those preps at all but i really feel for you. i always worry myself about preps not working.and yes it is frustrating and miserable.... is there a dr or nurse you can call ahead of time if the prep doesn't work? good luck. i do hope you're doing better by now--prep working-- and that the surgery is successful and you feel better soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.