Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a new study in Sacramento for predominantly C IBS in females. I haven't heard of this drug have you? The description says it blocks the hormone CCK. I am currently taking Zelmac and suppose I should inform them of this when I go in for an appt on Tues. I'll quit taking it till then. Do you think this works like Zelmac? I'm a little sceptical about studies unless I've heard something about it. They are currently in Phase5. Any information you could help me with would be appreciated. By the way, since taking Zelmac the C is gone but the tightness and spasms remain. Please let me know what you can find out.Thanks

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
The mechanism appears to be different.One thing to remember about the Enteric Nervous System (the nerves that control digestion) is that it is a complex and vast neural net. I suspect that means there would be multiple targets for altering it and relieving IBS symptoms. And that for some people some targets will work better than others.I would tell them about the Zelmac when you go in, they usually do want to know all medication you currently take.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.