Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am IBS D but was really constipated and wanted to use the restroom before I take more immodium for the weekend. Instant coffee and cigs did the trick. I felt nauseated and lower back waves of pain and D. Just an update ortherwise I an fine. I love this board and read all of the threads. I seem to relate to everyone's story. Lotronex I can not wait do you think that it will come to Istanbul?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi luli, Coffee definately gets things moving for me in the morning. It doesn't seem to matter whether I've had a cigarette or not! Glad you're doing O.K. Jackie

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Same thing here, Luli, re coffee. I don't smoke anymore but I remember that as soon as I took the first sip of coffee and that cig I would go!Coffee still tends to do it to me, although not as quickly, so I have to wait for my first cup of the day until I get to work or I'd be miserable on the bus!
I learned that the hard way. Jean------------------"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way." Babe Ruth. And I'm also Praying with Bettie for a cure for this NASTY IBS! Jean

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ian, my hubby, doesn't have IBS, but he always insists he cannot "go" in the mornings until he has had at least 2 coffees and cigs! Seems to be true, too!Luli - been meaning to ask, are you spending Christmas in Istanbul? If so, I'd love to hear all about it afterwards i.e. local traditions, etc - will you post to the board about it?
Julie

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Hi Luli:I've been meaning to ask what takes you to Instanbul? You may have posted it earlier but I don't remember.
It sounds exciting! I haven't been out of the country since 1985. One day I'll travel again.
Jean------------------"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way." Babe Ruth. And I'm also Praying with Bettie for a cure for this NASTY IBS! Jean

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
I'm the "C" type....but yes the coffee and cigs definitely help. Actually I'm just like Julie's husband. I'm sure its a "mental" thing, but I have myself convinced I cannot have a bowel movement without a cigarette...which I why I can't quit smoking...unfortunately.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.