Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I don't know if I'm the only one here who notices this but ...Does any one else find that when they suffer a head cold or any type of sickness , they feel worse?Im thinkin its possibly due to all the mucus I've been swallowing , but I've been increasingly gassy , bloated and somewhat nauseous and crampy since I got sick on Monday. ( Yeah , almost a damn week )Ive got some sinus issues as it is , but can all that #### dripping down my throat and into my stomach potentially WORSEN my IBS?I have also been fairly consistently taking Robitussin Cough and Cold...which contains Guaifenessen....does this stuff make anyone feel really really gassy and/or kinda nauseated??* sigh *When does it end?

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
It doesn't even have to be from some specific symptom of a cold.anything that physically stresses the system can make IBS symptoms worse. (but this is true of all illnesses).So it may not be from any specific medicine, but from the run down feeling people have with a cold as well as you probably aren't sleeping as well, etc.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Having the IBS is bad enough but when i get the flu on top of that,its just awful,normally it takes me 6-8weeks to recover from flu.I cannot take Robitussin as it makes me feel sick/nauseated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts