Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I promise I'm not making this stuff up...LOL - the nurse called me today to give me the results of the biopsy (yesterday) and all is great - but now instead of Qestran - the DR wants to try me on Colestid...Same question - I'm game to try anything that will let me get back to my very fast paced life!
If you have experience or knowledge of pros/cons on this one, please share!!I so appreciate your insight and will gladly pay you back in spades.Lisa

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Lisa, this my first time to this bulletinboard! I've been reading so much of everyone's symptoms and help. Finally I don't feel so alone with dreaded IBS-D. My dr. started me on Colestid about a month ago..was so sure it would help. Unfortunality..if didn't even phase my IBS-D. I hope it works for you. I never realized how many people suffer with IBS-D. I feel like my life is falling apart. So confined to home, other than work, which is a very hard job to do since I have to go to the bathroom so much. I am so happy I found this group. I..like you..am willing to try anything. I just want my life back. Good Luck with the Colestid.Bet

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,I've been on Colestid for about 2 years, and up until recently, had pretty good results. I had a major flare up which finally is calming down, and my doc still wants me on it because it is helping a bit combined with calcium and 1 fiber tablet a day.So I guess I'm saying that Colestid has worked well for me other than this recent hiccup!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Lisagirl,Long time Questran/Colestid user-7 years.I started on Questran three years after gallbaldder removal. Took them three years to tell me it wasn't in my head it was that I had no gallbladder. Put me on Questran and it worked great. Then over the years I tried the Colestid tabs and took 2-4 of those daily with luck until a few months ago. I have been under stress and grieving for a year and my gastro put me back on the Questran powder, said it would work better and he was right. I have been good for a few weeks. I take one dose before bedtime and I am good.I think its how our bodies react to this stuff if its going to work or not. Another pill I was told thats like Colestid is Welchol but you would have to take alot more of it to equal the Colestid and Questran. Do know that you can get heartburn with this stuff so make sure you have something in your stomach before you take those pills. I used to take them after I ate and it was okay. Good Luck!-Vamplady

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
THANKS to all of you for your advice and support. I am thriled to report that I have had 8 straight "SOLID" days!!! I am taking two Colestid per day and one Calcum w/ lunch!! In a few more weeks I might even use the "R" word (regular) to describe myself! Honestly, I think the Calcium was working by itself - but the DR wanted me to try this Colestid out - so I agreed, at least until I come back from my three week vacation in India - then when I am close to home, I am going to try 100% Calciun w/ each meal. I cannot thank you all enough. And, keep smiling!!
Lisa

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.