Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm a newbie! This is my first year of college and I've dealt with IBS symptoms since I was twelve. I'm eighteen now and though I did miss a lot of days in high school, college is getting worse. I know I have to watch my diet but its really hard when all you have is a mini-refridge (that you have to share with another person) and a microwave. We've got the dining hall where they serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner but most of the time the food makes me cringe just looking at it. I end up eating stuff I'll know I'll regret later but I don't know what to do. any suggestions on how to deal with this?Thanks

G

·
My suggestion? Use your precious amount of fridge space for good fruits and veggies and sandwich meats. Get all you can that doesn't have to be refridgerated. You could try finding a good health food store, because they have more nutritious and tasty versions of the (usually lame) foods that are easy to prepare in a microwave, like soups, and stuff you can make with hot water (tabouli, hummus). Get canned tuna, canned fruit (if you like it), and buy small cartons of milk and keep a large stock of cereal. I think you just have to do a bit more planning, and you'll be able to make more efficient use of what you've got!midge.

·
Registered
482 Posts
yeah work out your triggers and stock up safe foods! tuna, salmon, chicken and turkey are meats i store up... i cant do fruit or veg still but stock up on this u can eat, make your own food to take with you, try to avoid your triggers as eating them only irritates your intestines (she says a few hours after a trigger has been eaten)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.