Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, I hate doing this, but I have to vent to someone and there is no one at college I know who can possibly understand. Even my own mother tells me I 'just need to deal' like its not a big thing. Well I've got exams this week and the stress is just horrible, so of course I have D everytime I eat anything, and yet if I don't eat I feel so hungry and dizzy that I don't feel any better. I'm so stressed about going to the exam room and taking the tests and knowing that I'm going to have to get up numerous times to use the bathroom. I can't even take most of the drugs I normally take for the pain and anxiety because they will make me sleepy and then I won't be able to concentrate on my test. I wish I could just skip exams, because this happens every exam week. And all my friends are too busy studying themselves to really be there and make me feel any better. I'm just sitting in my room, running back and forth from the bathroom, trying to get work done. All I want to do is cry.
My only consolatioin is that it is only exam WEEK, and it will soon be over.

G

·
Aw, fast lane, I feel your pain. I've been there sooooo many times before! Try and eat some bland things to keep your energy up, and don't be afraid to get up and use the washroom--who cares what anyone thinks, they'll all have forgotten about it the next day.I know it's too late for this time round, but if there is a Centre for Students with Disabilities, you should go talk to them. IBS is serious enough that you can get special treatment, like being able to write an alternate exam with your prof another time, when you can use the washroom as much as you want. That really helps with the stress too, having your prof know what is going on, so you don't have to be worried about what they're thinking you're up to.Good luck, getting through the week though. Be as good to yourself as you can. You can do it!midge.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.