Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This stuff is being advertised on the radio now. Available at Whole Foods and some other places I don't recall. Says it helps 75% of the people who take it? Any experience with this product? BTW I'm in California and heard it on KNX 1070 on the AM band.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I tried it briefly and actually felt a little worse. The company claims that it would take at least 2 weeks of doses to see an effect. I believe that the psyllium in there caused me the same kind of extra gas and cramping that other psyllium-based products do. If you go to Whole Foods, my advice to you would be to pick up a box of Eater's Digest tea by Traditional Medicinals. It helped me more and you can get it alot more cheaply--99 cents for the sample pack or about $3-4 for 16 tea bags (which at one a day isn't too bad). It's no cure-all, but any improvement is worth crowing about, huh?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Calm Colon is manufactured by Samra. They have a webpage with information on the product and a list of ingredients. (I too heard the radio commercial--on KFWB--and called the company. They're going to send me some info.http://www.samra.com/products/catcolon.htmlI'm going to try it--nothing to lose.Blair, since you heard the commercial in L.A., are you familiar with the IBS Support Group for Southern California?

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Steve E thanks for the input. I've found that Goldenseal Tea seams to help me although it tastes like #####$. I'll try that tea you recomended, I like the price and I've spent way to much time and money on stuff that doesn't work. Fbrown627, IBS support group. Is that at UCLA? A friend of mine went there.

G

·
I tried calm colon for almost 3 weeks and it didn't seem to help me. I am IBS-C; the study that the herbs were based on used only IBS-D subjects. It didn't make me feel worse, just not better so when my supply ran out, I stopped.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.