Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
11 years ago I had about 5" of my lower sigmoid colon removed - had 6 weeks of radiation - radiation caused 2nd burns to my anus area. I'm a survivor - had 5 colonoscopies in the last 9 years - all clear ... but my bowel habits changed - I now know that my gastrocolic relfex can be much more active and I have IBS-A ... my wife died 10 years ago and I've been single since. In general my anxiety level has increased over the years, after retirement ... and I know that anxiety, for me, can cause IBS to happen. I take hyoscyamine for the reflex and it works.I'm a single, caucasian male, 74 years old, excellent physical condition - workout 6 days per week.Anybody had similar experiences?Thanks

·
Registered
317 Posts
My aunt had breast cancer over 15 years ago. She also started to have IBS symptoms after radiations and chemo-therapy so yes I believe it's more than possible that you have problems because of the same thing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.