Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i can feel my colon through my stomach,especially the left side (descending and sigmoid colon) and massaging it certainly helps but i wasw wondering if constantly pushing hard on it has ill effects.also i have read conflicting advice on where to start,on the right and move across it or start on the left to unblock that side first.does anyone know about it and can give advice?thanks

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
I don't think there is any clinical data, but most people try to work in the direction of the colon (so even if you work on the left first work from the top down, not against the flow of up the right across the top and down the left).However, like I said, I don't think there is any clinical data so mostly what seems to work for you, but I do think the "in the direction of the flow" makes a certain amount of logical sense.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think there is any clinical data, but most people try to work in the direction of the colon (so even if you work on the left first work from the top down, not against the flow of up the right across the top and down the left).However, like I said, I don't think there is any clinical data so mostly what seems to work for you, but I do think the "in the direction of the flow" makes a certain amount of logical sense.
yes i always go clockwise and ove across in the correct direction,was just wondering which side to start on.also i seem to need to put alot of pressure on and was wondering if that was safe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.