Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have suffered for over a decade, super bowl sunday it hit me so bad I had to go to the emergency room, I couldn't even sit up because of the cramping, the doctor listened to my stomach and said he didn't hear anything, my intestines weren't working, he said there was something blocking it, they gave me pain meds, then took a ct scan and xrays, they didn't find anything, I stopped throwing up in the am and they sent me home, Monday I felt fine, but Tuesday morning I had a bowel movement and the cramps hit again, I was at home so I just laid down to get through it, but 2 hours later I had another bowel movement followed by violent vomiting the cramps were so bad I couldn't even straighten up, so it was back to the hospital, they took more xrays and found no blockage, so after I finished vomiting from the pain medication 6 hours later they sent me home again, so I got on the computer and looked up the intestines, it says they stop functioning due to a blockage, or sometimes from bacteria, I came back to this site and looked up bacterial cures, and I found colonetix,. I sent the web page to my Doctor(which he hates) and he prescribed an anti bacterial, the flu medication I believe a five day course, the first 4 days I still had diarrhea, but the pain got cut in half, until the last day, the diarrhea went away, but the cramping came back, so 2 days later I started the colonetix which had arrived a couple days earlier, the cramping lessened that same day, and 3 days later I was virtually pain freeand have been so for about 2 months now, once a week I get minor gas discomfort but gas x takes care of that, and also for the past month I have been eating 3 same meals a day, when I had been eating 1 small meal for the past decade, so the constant bloating is gone too.

·
Prolific Member, iSupportIBS
470 Posts
So Mike are you saying you are cured? As I understand it Colonetix is a colon cleanser so do you still take it every day? Before taking Colonetix did you often suffer from nausea? I am asking because this is my main problem and I am always looking for new things to try.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have had bouts of nausea, I think they were caused by multi vitamins as soon as I stopped taking them it cleared up, the only problem I have now is I cannot tolerate any prescription strength pain medication, which has been going on about 2 years, I was given morphine about a year ago, and I managed to tolerate that, but nothing else, I can't even take tylenol 3 anymore

·
Prolific Member, iSupportIBS
470 Posts
So Mike, are you saying you are cured? Colonetix is a colon cleanser, do you still take it every day?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it comes in a 2 month supply so I haven't ran out yet, I haven't had any cramps after bowel movements from the second day I started it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts