Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had a colonic irrigation, and if so, did it help?It's something i've been thinking about as it seems logical that a good clean out could possibly give a fresh start. As long as triggers are still avoided and you begin all over again eating right etc then you should be able to heal.....?Lisa

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I'm not sure on the irrigation however I imagine colonoscopy prep would do the same or similar. I ate carefully for ages after mine and to be honest I'm just as bad as I always was

·
Registered
108 Posts
Are you talking about colonic hydro-therapy? (That's the thing where they charge you like $75 a session to insert a hose into your rectum, fill you to the gills with warm filtered water until you feel like a human water balloon, and then after five or six minutes they reverse the valve so that every imaginable stray particle that's ever even thought about hanging out in your colon will be expelled from your being with the force of a jacuzzi jet through a small clear tube - and as soon as you're empty, they keep repeating the process until your one-hour is up)If that's what you're referring to, then yes, I have experienced five or six of those sessions. It sounded logical to me, too. I felt great for about two days, but then it was right back to IBS-D as usual. Who knows, maybe somebody else here had a more successful outcome with it.TP

·
Banned
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey TP,Yeah, colonic hydrotherapy is what i mean. When you describe it it really doesn't seem that attractive a prospect anymore! He he.Thanks all for your input. Given me something to think about.Lisa

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.