Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now my GI doc wants to have me do a colonic tranist test. This involves swallowing a pill with rubber pellets inside.The catch is you can't have any laxatives of any kind, or any foods like prunes/prune juice that act like a laxative for 8 days.I just got through Talking to my doctor telling him I can't urinate when I get backed up. And how impacted with stool I was from what the nurse showed me that gave me my urodynamics test.I got to see my doctor 2 weeks early cause I told him I didn't know if I was going to make it, having trouble breathing from all the laxatives and other medication like augmentine I was on.He said my manometry test showed that my sphincter and lower bowel was working okay. But then said they screwed up the last part of the test where you expell the probe. And I could redo it right then.Said I could do part of the new test in my home town, they called right then to schedule it asked us what day would be good, but didn't give me any information where it would be before we left.They had even lost my file for a while and had to search all over for it on the desk.Got the doctor to agree, I coud still take my 8 doses of mirilax a day for the transit test, but nothing else. They didn't have a list of what I could or couldn't eat so I have to guess. They said apples and peas and corn was okay, but not something like a fiber bar or prunes. So Ihave to guess at everything.Saw the doctor as he was coming through the waiting room, he aksed me if i had finished the redo on the manometry already. I said yes, he said he would go check on it and come back. He never came back, had to go ask the nurse about it. He said he would call me with the results of the redo, and the xray and blood draw as they weren't ready yet, and give a course of action.I'm pretty dissappointed, I was hoping to be admitted to the hospital for surgery, get this problem taken care of. I know the doctor said he would call with test results but my next appointement was scheduled with him for 4 months from now.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Glad that you can do the transit test closer to home. And if you have any questions, especially about the test, in the meantime.. please.. just call and ask the Dr. And if they do not call you as they said they would.. you call them.. and keep at it til you get those results. Be persistent. Hope you feel better soon!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts