Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I had my colonoscopy done March 21 and ever since then I have been having awful after-effects. My IBS symptoms are back with a vengence (alternating C&D with much spasms and straining)and something I never had a problem with. Gas, bigtime! I was pretty much controling my symptoms before and wonder how long it will take before I can get some control again. Anyone have any experience with this? I will be seeing a surgeon April 17 about hemorrhoidectomy and I'm afraid the surgery will cause even more problems. Thanks, Sharon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey There SS -- I had the Ds continue for two weeks after my colonoscopy. The wretched enemas they give you result in more Ds.
I had hemorrhoids at the same time. As soon as my BMs got normal -- IE-- one gigantic one in the AM, and sometimes at 3 in the AM -- my H's went away. So that's how it was for me. So there is hope. Apparently the bowel system was designed for abuse. It gets all the wretched refuse!
------------------Jim

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks shadow and ShowBiz. I'm happy the test confirmed no ulcerative colitis or Crohns or cancer, but all my bleeding is from the hemmies. So much so that I had to have a transfusion in Feb. and need another one now. Guess I'll have to do that before surgery. Wish my roids would go away by themselves, but no chance I guess. Hopefully the IBS symptoms will calm down soon. Sharon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sharon, how did the colonoscopy prep work for you? Better than the gallon of Gloitely stuff? Hope so. I need a colonoscopy pretty soon also, and don't want the Golitely either.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
xoxox, I had the little bottle of Magnesium citrate and Ducolax pills. Worked just fine for me. In fact, worked so well I only took 2 Ducolax instead of the 6. But I had 2 days of clear liquids before. Good luck, let me know how it turns out for you. Sharon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.