Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,Just had a quick question. I had a colonoscopy and EDG yesterday. I was pretty out of it when the doctor came in afterwards. He told me that everything went fine and didn't see anything majorily wrong. He told me however that he did do biopsy's in my colon, esophagus and stomach. He told me to schedule and appt. in a week and he would start to treat me. When they do these tests do they automatically do biopsy's then?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I had biopsy's done when i had a colonoscopy and endopscopy, i think it is just routine.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Sorry, but no it cant. Only a laparoscopy can give you a definitive diagnosis.Endo occurs when tissue like that which lines the uterus (tissue called the endometrium) is found outside the uterus -- usually in the abdomen on the ovaries, fallopian tubes, and ligaments that support the uterus; the area between the vagina and rectum; the outer surface of the uterus; and the lining of the pelvic cavity...basically in the abdominal cavity itself, around the organs, not inside of them.This can cause Gastrointestinal upsets such as diarrhea, constipation, nausea, and painful bowel movements during periods.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.