Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, i am having a colonoscopy tomorrow at 1.30, due to suspected crohns disease.. I have a severe phobia of throwing up (Emetophobia) and i am absolutely terrified!!! I am due to take the laxatives at 4pm today but i really don't think i can... I usually post on the emetophobia website forum but it isn't working today, typical.. So i'm on here instead.. anyone have any words of wisdom? advice? anything!! The stuff i have to take is called 'PicoLax' or 'Pico Salax' in some countries..

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi All, i am having a colonoscopy tomorrow at 1.30, due to suspected crohns disease.. I have a severe phobia of throwing up (Emetophobia) and i am absolutely terrified!!! I am due to take the laxatives at 4pm today but i really don't think i can... I usually post on the emetophobia website forum but it isn't working today, typical.. So i'm on here instead.. anyone have any words of wisdom? advice? anything!! The stuff i have to take is called 'PicoLax' or 'Pico Salax' in some countries..
I should also mention, not only am i scared this stuff will make me vomit, but also that it might actually kill me! I suffer from chronic diarrhea, when i had a barium follow through a few months back, i was told to expect to be severely constipated for a few days.. but instead i had AWFULL diarrhea, was running clear within an hour =\ so.. surely if something that's supposed to make me constipated gives me severe diarrhea, then what the heck are these laxitives going to do to me!?!?!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I should also mention, not only am i scared this stuff will make me vomit, but also that it might actually kill me! I suffer from chronic diarrhea, when i had a barium follow through a few months back, i was told to expect to be severely constipated for a few days.. but instead i had AWFULL diarrhea, was running clear within an hour =\ so.. surely if something that's supposed to make me constipated gives me severe diarrhea, then what the heck are these laxitives going to do to me!?!?!
Hello,I had a colonoscopy/endoscopy a few months ago. AAnd don't worry, the prep for it is the worst part. I had a similar experience with the barium for a stomach mri- the diarhhea was so bad that i had to stop the mri and stop several times on the way home. The laxatives will just clean out your system- but not by throwing up. In my experience the laxatives were much more gentle than the barium. Don't worry! You'll be fine

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello,I had a colonoscopy/endoscopy a few months ago. AAnd don't worry, the prep for it is the worst part. I had a similar experience with the barium for a stomach mri- the diarhhea was so bad that i had to stop the mri and stop several times on the way home. The laxatives will just clean out your system- but not by throwing up. In my experience the laxatives were much more gentle than the barium. Don't worry! You'll be fine
Hi I'm in the middle of my Picolax prep for a colonoscopy tommorrow!! so far it's not too bad, have had terrible runs but i thought it would be more painful! still have lunch to eat so god knows what it'll be like after then!! how did your colonoscopy go? I'm just trying to tell myself it'll all be worth it.

G

·
I might be late but I did the miralax prep and it was not bad at all. This one I mix it in with gatorade. For me it was unpleasant having to drink that much at once and It did make me a bit nauseated but I TOOK MY TIME.. I an not sure the details of yours but I had an hour to get 4 8 oz classes down. I had to do this 2 times. once at 5pm once at midnight. Just relax and pretend you are drinking something else. DONT Rush it.Also, I have a kind of fear of vomiting as well. I have since I was a child. You can do it. Dont avoid an important test over a fear. At least give it a try.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.