Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, i am having a colonoscopy tomorrow at 1.30, due to suspected crohns disease.. I have a severe phobia of throwing up (Emetophobia) and i am absolutely terrified!!! I am due to take the laxatives at 4pm today but i really don't think i can... I usually post on the emetophobia website forum but it isn't working today, typical.. So i'm on here instead.. anyone have any words of wisdom? advice? anything!! The stuff i have to take is called 'PicoLax' or 'Pico Salax' in some countries..I should also mention, not only am i scared this stuff will make me vomit, but also that it might actually kill me! I suffer from chronic diarrhea, when i had a barium follow through a few months back, i was told to expect to be severely constipated for a few days.. but instead i had AWFULL diarrhea, was running clear within an hour =\ so.. surely if something that's supposed to make me constipated gives me severe diarrhea, then what the heck are these laxitives going to do to me!?!?!

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Usually they have you do the laxatives in stages so as soon as you run clear that typically means you can stop at that point. You might call the place doing the test and tell them you have diarrhea anyway, what modifications can you make (like if you run clear can you stop).Chill anything you have to drink will help with nausea.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.