Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I had a colonoscopy two months ago, I started having upper epigastric and very low (colon pain) 10 days after the colonoscopy. I have no D or C but a definite change in bowel habits. I am getting tested for parasites but my MD said it is hard to find without D. I am going to request blood testing, a capsular endoscopy, etc. Did this happen to anyone else?

Thanks so much for any responses.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Possibly. Colonoscopy could damage your stomach lining and cause IBS.
A colonoscopy doesn't reach your stomach, just your large intestine and sometimes the very end of your small intestine.

It's hard to say what caused your issues but certainly I have heard reports of colonoscopies exacerbating people's conditions, it all depends.

·
Registered
52 Posts
It's not likelyto be the colonoscopy,however it might be the prep.I never had pain/bloating/mushy stools till after the 2and colonoscopy. I was told my biome was damaged cause i had two preps too close together and my biome needed time to recover.

Here is a link to my longish story on what happened. I hope this offers some insight for you.

http://www.ibsgroup.org/forums/user/194857-shadytree/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.