Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,Last week I had my first colonoscopy and the results so far have been good. The weirdest thing is, I've been feeling about 60% better since the doctor told me that there were no polyps and everything looked very healthy.My D has improved, I haven't been feeling as lightheaded and I've been able to eat some things I wouldn't have dreamed of trying a few weeks ago.I believe this goes to show that in my case, a lot of my symptoms were based on worrying about having the big "C". I didn't worry about it every day, but I know it was in the back of my mind. I've still got a lot of anxiety about other things which I'll need help to work on, but this was a huge load off my mind. It's nice to feel closer to normal again, or at least that I'm improving!Fiona

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Thats so cool! Maybe now at least you can get on to leading anormal life.Half of our problems i think are worry. Just the fact there might be something wrong or that an "episode" m,ight occur is enough to bring it all on.Anyway, i am pleased for you.Love S. x.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Thats so cool! Maybe now at least you can get on to leading anormal life.Half of our problems i think are worry. Just the fact there might be something wrong or that an "episode" m,ight occur is enough to bring it all on.Anyway, i am pleased for you.Love S. x.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Fiona_F, that is good news.
When you have the tests done and don't have that constant worry of "what if it's something serious" and the emotions that trigger a pretty good percentage of symptoms can be relieved.The test itself for some, can clean you out and make you feel good for a while just in itself. But, the constant negative thoughts directed at the gut have an impact for sure, both physically and mentally.------------------Moderator of the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Anxiety and Hypnotherapy forumI work with Mike and the IBS Audio Program. www.ibshealth.com www.ibsaudioprogram.com

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Fiona_F, that is good news.
When you have the tests done and don't have that constant worry of "what if it's something serious" and the emotions that trigger a pretty good percentage of symptoms can be relieved.The test itself for some, can clean you out and make you feel good for a while just in itself. But, the constant negative thoughts directed at the gut have an impact for sure, both physically and mentally.------------------Moderator of the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Anxiety and Hypnotherapy forumI work with Mike and the IBS Audio Program. www.ibshealth.com www.ibsaudioprogram.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone!I do feel so much better! I'm waiting for the lab results to rule out all the other possible illnesses, and I go for an upper GI in August. After that, if I'm diagnosed with IBS (which is what everyone assumes) I will be ordering Mike's tapes and see if they work!Fiona

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone!I do feel so much better! I'm waiting for the lab results to rule out all the other possible illnesses, and I go for an upper GI in August. After that, if I'm diagnosed with IBS (which is what everyone assumes) I will be ordering Mike's tapes and see if they work!Fiona

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.