Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not another one for 5 years barring anything new.
DX: IBS,hemmorhoids, diverticulosis, no new polyps (thank God), and awaiting biopsy reports on Collagenous Colitis (which was diagnosised last time). Had chem 7 blood work(check for malabsorption) and Gluten Sensitivity testing done also....will update as soon as I hear. GI doc wants me to start taking Fibercon again. I said ok, I'll try again! Also trying to eat more fiber rich food. A little at a time; he said easy does it, just build slowly over the next few months. Also continue my other meds: paxil-10 mg, caltratePlus 1 in am and 1 in pm (osteopenia), lipitor-20mg (high cholesterol),at bedtime. He is so cute and nice. I only see him as needed otherwise my family doctor is willing to work with us...new family doc. (Sounding better.)I can't tell you how much my anxiety problems have been resolved taking the paxil. It certainly has been a good drug for me. It has helped me feel like living again and having a life outside the house!I know others haven't been as lucky. There are other things to try, thank goodness and I hope everyone keeps trying, persevering to get answers! It's been many years since I felt comfortable to accept this and say I'm learning to live with 'it'.The test was not so bad, even the liquid wasn't sooooooooooo bad! Thanks to my husband. He brought 8 oz to me every 12 minutes,'cause I never left the commode for 4 hours! Started reading a new book, "The Saving Graces" and got halfway through the book....used time wisely. Found that by not getting off toilet I didn't keep wiping my butt with paper and I was not sore like last time I did this prep. Make sense? Sure felt better!!! Just my experience. Thanks for everyones support...it certainly helps. Happy 4th of July to ALL!!
collie[This message has been edited by collie (edited 07-04-2001).][This message has been edited by collie (edited 07-05-2001).]

·
Registered
395 Posts
Collie - I'm glad to hear your results were okay. I'm also glad to hear the Paxil is helping. I took it for a little while and I remember doing really well at 10mg. but when they upped my dose to 20mg., the sexual side effects were bothersome. Otherwise, it worked wonders for me.Have a happy 4th!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Collie - I'm glad to hear your results were okay. I'm also glad to hear the Paxil is helping. I took it for a little while and I remember doing really well at 10mg. but when they upped my dose to 20mg., the sexual side effects were bothersome. Otherwise, it worked wonders for me.Have a happy 4th!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Collie, Glad your test worked out great. I have c. colitis also. July 12, I go for the Gluten sensitivity test. So Paxil is the only med's you are taking for CC. Have you had any flare up's , if not how long has it been since the last one. I can't take the fiber it just runs right through me. Let me know how your Gluten test turns out.Patricia

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Collie, Glad your test worked out great. I have c. colitis also. July 12, I go for the Gluten sensitivity test. So Paxil is the only med's you are taking for CC. Have you had any flare up's , if not how long has it been since the last one. I can't take the fiber it just runs right through me. Let me know how your Gluten test turns out.Patricia

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.