Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yes other people are in the room. Sometimes it hurts, depends on how much sedative they give you. Some people dont feel a thing and some people like me almost punched out the GI guy

·
Registered
256 Posts
I didn't feel or remember a thing during the procedure, but the 3 day prep was wicked. Laxative and enemas and a liquid diet....

G

·
My prep is mild and not really unpleasant. The procedure is usually done with the GI doc, and two assistants present. With the administration of Versed and demerol, I have never felt any pain (two previous scopes) and don't remember much of anything about either of the procedures. It is not at all like a lower GI series. When done as I described it is much less troubling.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just had one a month ago, the prep was not unpleasant at all. The procedure took 15-25 minutes, some discomfort, but you didn't care at the time.
and it is well worth it for the piece of mind!

·
Registered
146 Posts
I pleaded with the doctor to make sure I didn't feel anything... the barium enema hurt soooo bad, I told him I wouldn't do that again....He drugged me up, maybe a little too much, and I didn't feel a thing. It was a breeze. OHHHH, but that drink you have to drink a day before the test... (Magnesium Citrate, I think)... that is horribl. I had to dilute it with a big glass of water per quarter of it. It took me like an hour to drink

1 - 7 of 7 Posts