Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hII had a colonoscopy on Saturday (wed today) for altered bowel habit and diarrhea. Afterward the dr said colon seemed ok but he had taken some biopsys as he had found some inflammation. I have to wait 2 wks for the result.Can anyone tell me what they are looking for from the biopsys? and could it still be cancer??Also I had a bowel motions on Monday, Tuesday and today. Each time it has been bad diarrohea, worse than what I was having before that seems never ending. (I took Picolax for the colonoscopy prep) Can anyone tell me if this is to be expected?Thanks

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Inflammation is not cancer.Usually cancer is in polyps, they don't find it by biopsy of the lining.Inflammation can be from anything, it does not have to be an autoimmune disease, but that is a possibility. You might have irritation from the colonoscopy prep, a bit of an acute GI bug or something more chronic. They'll know more when they take a look.The colonoscopy prep can disrupt the GI flora and that can upset the system. You might try a probiotic to see if that helps get you back to balance a bit faster.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.