Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having a rough night tonight, had 18 doses of MiraLax so I can get a colonoscopy tomorrow. Can't hardly make it to the toilet in time. This sux really bad. Can't sleep for fear of hinny explosion. Wife cranky because light is on and I'm awake. What's a guy with IBS to do? Almost fell asleep and almost filled my underwear at the same time.Anyone else have this problem, I'm sure you have. Times like this are very trying. Wiping is like using razor blades, almost hurts too much to do it. I know most here have been through this at one time or another. This is my 4th colonoscopy and everytime it's this way. No food until tomorrow evening, I crave steak so bad. Steak on the grill this weekend for sure. After all of this I'm going to treat my family to steak, baked potatoes and a big salad. I do 90% of the cooking at my home, have to make sure my wife and son are properly fed before school and work. I love to cook for my family, right now it's about all I can do. Being a man with IBS is very tough, we are supposed to be the rock our family can count on. I'm feeling more like a pebble than a rock. I probably shouldn't bother you all with this and it's been a long time since I've felt like this. Guys are supposed to take care of their loved ones not the other way around. It kills me to watch my son in Boy Scouts and my wife go on campouts because I can't, it isn't supposed to be this way. I'm lucky my wife puts up with me, surprised she hasn't asked for a divorce yet. My son wants me to go with him on campouts and I can see the disappointment in his eyes when I tell him I just can't go. He says he understands, but he is so hurt.not feeling sorry for myself, I feel sorry for my son and wife for having to put up with the constant let downs. Well there it is, my heart wide open. Sorry to put this out there, but it had to get off of my chest. Thanks for putting up with me. ~Cherokee

·
Registered
708 Posts
good luck tomorrow. A barrier cream of some kind might of helped with the burning "area" from the loose BM's. Like the stuff they use for babies, after every bowel movement. Anyways, I am a mom and I know how you feel. I have 2 girls and I have missed out on things too. I am also surprised my husband hasn't divorced me yet but he seems understanding for the most part. Good luck again.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hope you feel better Cherokee... The worst part (drinking that horrible prep stuff) is almost over. Then your procedure will be behind you soon too. Hang in there...!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Appointment at 2:00 pm. I have 3 hrs and I'll be out like a light. I'll be glad when its over and I can get something to eat!

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
I sure do agree with you on all of this, the starvation, the total discomfort, and the whole "man thing" you spoke of in the first post on this thread. I have been there and I have gotten through them, so I know it is possible. Just don't take your rifle with you to the procedure.
Good luck.Mark

·
Registered
128 Posts
Ah man - the prep stinks. It is worse than the procedure. Hope all goes well. By the way, why wipe so much? Can you not just jump in the shower.Your wife shouldn't be cross about the light. She needs to be understanding at times like this....

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay, finally through it. Weak as a cat, starving for anything.Doc found 3 polyps, took 2 biopsies. Definately IBS-D, taking antibiotics just to make sure it isn't SIBO. He said he's 99% sure not SIBO. Gotta go lay down, worn out.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I sure do agree with you on all of this, the starvation, the total discomfort, and the whole "man thing" you spoke of in the first post on this thread. I have been there and I have gotten through them, so I know it is possible. Just don't take your rifle with you to the procedure.
Good luckNo, no rifle to the hospital or pistol or any weapons. I'm saving those for deer season. Everything went well, still tired this morning and hungry. I think I could eat a horse! Bacon and pancakes this morning, I cook the meat and wife makes the best pancakes. She's the baker, I fry and BBQ.It's tough being a man baby, but tougher being a woman. Being a man I had to swallow my pride and ask for help, I hated to do it but a casket didn't look like much fun. Besides I've got an 11 yr old son to raise into a man that will be respected. My family is my life. I'd go to the ends of the earth for them, even with a pant load if I had to. Lifes too short to be any other way.
~CherokeeMark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts