Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent this a couple of days ago but never appeared on he screen - so here goes again. Just to urge everyone with IBS to have a colonoscopy (it is a breeze, painless, etc. honest - the prep is a pain with drinking all that fluid) I have had IBS for years, had a routine colonoscopy (previously only sigmoidoscopies)A colonoscopy and biopsy showed a large, flat severely dysplasic (pre-cancerous) polyp and it was and not able to be removed except by surgery...turned out the rest of the polyp was benign. But the test was worth the 6 days in the hospital and subsequent recovery. Urge anyone with chronic IBS to have a colonoscopy

·
Registered
613 Posts
Hi MaryEliz,I agree with you 100%! I had one tiny polyp removed according to my GI but I'm glad its gone! I think Its a good idea for anyone with ibs or not after 40 to have a colonscope. I read that most people over 40 will have at least one polyp. As I said in my other post not all polyps turn to cancer but all colon cancer starts with a polyp.sickofsick

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.