Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,I have had a lot of bad pain since Feb. I thought it was another kidney stone but had a Catscan and it showed up 4 but they are very small ones.So I went to my doctor yesterday and he wants to rule out anything to do with my IBS ect.I take Zelnorm and now that new warning has come out and that has me concerned.Just wondering if anyone here has had a colonoscopy done. I have heard it is no big deal and you don't even know what is going on.Thanks for your help. Polly

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hello, I had a colonoscopy done. I guess you are awake for it but the drug they give you kinda knocks you out and you can not remember anything. The worst part for me was the fleet soda stuff you have to drink to clean yourself out. If they have something besides that that you can take I would highly recomend it. Good luck.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, Thank you. I checked yesterday with my GI doctor and I have a colonoscopy May 14th. I guess the soda stuff is what I hate the most. Been there done that before. Thanks, Polly

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had a colonoscopy and an upper endoscopy done at the same time. They gave me the option of drinking the gross water stuff or taking an enema--i chose the water and it was a huge mistake. anyway, they put me completely to sleep. after i got home that same day i vomited once just from the anestesia and felt fine. good luck and don't worry- you'll be fine and won't feel a thing!

·
Registered
244 Posts
the colonoscopy is no big deal at all - the preparation is not fun though... i was awake during mine, and i talked to the nurse, and i was watching my colon on the tv in front of me. i thought it was a unique experience to actually see inside my body - but i think they wanted me to shut up and the next thing i remember is waking up in the recovery room!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Eddie,I had it done and it wasn't a big deal either. I didn't go to sleep though very much. I might have there at the end but they had to push on my stomach and it didn't feel very good. They found a polyp and removed it. I go back to the doctor June 3rd.Thanks, Polly

1 - 6 of 6 Posts