Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i went to the GI last week (1st time in 17 years) and he didnt do a rectal exam but he said i have to get a colonscopy ASAP...Lo and behold its tomorrow...i have taking a couple of doses of that yucky stuff, almost gagged with it..tried it with pepsi the 2nd time...i suffer with a lot of D and can u believe it i didnt get it yesterday or today..but now im up late to see if the cleansing thing worked and finally it did...im not looking forward to taking it at 5.30am and then leaving the house at 9am for the over an hour drive to the place im having it..
the last time i had a colonscopy i wasnt knocked out but they have assured me this time i will be...its not that im scared of the procedure but the prep for it...so wish me luck please..will let you all know how it goes tomorrow...------------------AussieDeb
quote:In this world we all need humor
aussiecoppin###aol.com

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi, Coppin!I know you've probably heard this from everyone else, but the prep is really the worst part. You'll be given drugs like Versed and Demerol and you probably won't even remember most of the procedure and you certainly won't be in pain. Take care. Hang in there.[This message has been edited by Albion (edited 09-07-2001).]

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi, Coppin!I know you've probably heard this from everyone else, but the prep is really the worst part. You'll be given drugs like Versed and Demerol and you probably won't even remember most of the procedure and you certainly won't be in pain. Take care. Hang in there.[This message has been edited by Albion (edited 09-07-2001).]

G

·
Good luck to you! I had an abcess removed from my rectum in 1998 (after giving birth to my premie son due to a ruptured appendix) and I remember the prep was the worst part. After that I don't remember much. I think the absolute worst thing was that my doctor was the best looking man I had ever seen and I was obcessing over the fact that he would be operating on my rear end (not too attractive), LOL!Take care and let us know how it goes
------------------Many Blessings,Renee'

G

·
Good luck to you! I had an abcess removed from my rectum in 1998 (after giving birth to my premie son due to a ruptured appendix) and I remember the prep was the worst part. After that I don't remember much. I think the absolute worst thing was that my doctor was the best looking man I had ever seen and I was obcessing over the fact that he would be operating on my rear end (not too attractive), LOL!Take care and let us know how it goes
------------------Many Blessings,Renee'

·
Registered
121 Posts
My thoughts are with you. I had my first colonoscopy about a month ago. The procedure was very easy. Due to the drugs they gave me, I didn't feel a thing -- nor do I even remember what happened.Good luck

·
Registered
121 Posts
My thoughts are with you. I had my first colonoscopy about a month ago. The procedure was very easy. Due to the drugs they gave me, I didn't feel a thing -- nor do I even remember what happened.Good luck

G

·
Hi Coppin,You will be fine. I would get someoine to go with you though as you will be groggy afterward, or are they keeping you in?I had an endoscopy and colonoscopy at the same time a few months ago, they sedated me and it was fine - can't remeber a thing.My mum said when I came to I wanted to know if the cameras (one down the throat and one up my bottom) had met in the middle and photographed each other! I was a bit out of it thats for sure.Its true that the laxative prep is the worse oart, especially when they give it to you in enema form. Its very aggressive but at least its quick.All the best, stay cool.------------------Take CareEmGood, better, best. Never let it rest. Till your good is better and your better best.

G

·
Hi Coppin,You will be fine. I would get someoine to go with you though as you will be groggy afterward, or are they keeping you in?I had an endoscopy and colonoscopy at the same time a few months ago, they sedated me and it was fine - can't remeber a thing.My mum said when I came to I wanted to know if the cameras (one down the throat and one up my bottom) had met in the middle and photographed each other! I was a bit out of it thats for sure.Its true that the laxative prep is the worse oart, especially when they give it to you in enema form. Its very aggressive but at least its quick.All the best, stay cool.------------------Take CareEmGood, better, best. Never let it rest. Till your good is better and your better best.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Good luck. I have to have one soon too, don't know when. Had a sig'recently which was OK. Can you report back? Did you feel OK afterwards, any pain the day after (I have a full time job).Thanks & take care.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Good luck. I have to have one soon too, don't know when. Had a sig'recently which was OK. Can you report back? Did you feel OK afterwards, any pain the day after (I have a full time job).Thanks & take care.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.