Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does everyone have to go through several gastro docs and unlimited testing and prescriptions before surgery? I am on my third gastro and third time trying the usual scripts. Can't I just go see a surgeon? And can anyone recommend a good gastro or surgeon in the Pittsburgh, PA area? I am so dissapointed with my last visit. Completely ignored everything I said or the questions I had answered to his assistant prior to him talking to me. Thanks,Deb

·
Registered
45 Posts
Are you requesting surgery or have your gastro docs brought it up? I saw a colorectal surgeon about my IBS because he was able to help my cousin's wife who has Crohns. He was unable to help me since with IBS there is nothing seemingly wrong with the large intestine. I'd put off finding a surgeon until a gastro doc is serious about you getting surgery.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi bluenoggie,My gastro said if the combination of zelnorm, mirilax, amitiza and flaxseed does not work then I will need surgery. I've tried varying doses of a combination of zelnorm and mirilax but have never been on amitiza. Deb

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.