Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told today about bovine colostrum and I am wondering if any one has tried Colostrum and did it help or hurt. My IBS-D is giving me terrible pains before or after eating and spasams along with the big D.I am on Bentyl,Imodium and Calcium. I avoid food all day except for an occassional Premium Cracker because i have to lie down when the pain hits. I have work,graduate school and Iam helping in the care of my elderly mother who has Alzheimers. Needless to say I'm under stress. But I need to function better than I am .Whatever your experience with Colostrum please let me know. Thanks.

G

·
I've also heard a lot of good things about colostrum. Never been sure which brand is the right one.Which brand do you find successful or do you recommend using? Also, what dose do you take and on an empty stomach or with meals?(Sorry soooo many questions!)Would really appreciate some advise because there's a lot of "junk" out there and I just want to make sure I get the right thing!Good luck and let us know how it's working.Take care![This message has been edited by onedayatatime (edited 10-16-2001).]

G

·
I've also heard a lot of good things about colostrum. Never been sure which brand is the right one.Which brand do you find successful or do you recommend using? Also, what dose do you take and on an empty stomach or with meals?(Sorry soooo many questions!)Would really appreciate some advise because there's a lot of "junk" out there and I just want to make sure I get the right thing!Good luck and let us know how it's working.Take care![This message has been edited by onedayatatime (edited 10-16-2001).]

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The one I am using is called New Life Colostrum from Symbiotics. There is a lot information available from the site on what it does and how it works. I ordered them online from newlifefoods.com. The toll free # is 1-888-777-0468.I got the original formula capsules 120 in a bottle. You must take it on an empty stomach and wait 20 minutes to eat 2X a day.Im taking 3 pills each time. You may have to adjust it for yourself. Hope this was helpful. We have got to kill the IBS.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The one I am using is called New Life Colostrum from Symbiotics. There is a lot information available from the site on what it does and how it works. I ordered them online from newlifefoods.com. The toll free # is 1-888-777-0468.I got the original formula capsules 120 in a bottle. You must take it on an empty stomach and wait 20 minutes to eat 2X a day.Im taking 3 pills each time. You may have to adjust it for yourself. Hope this was helpful. We have got to kill the IBS.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Its been a few weeks now and the Colostrum seems to be working. I've cut back on the Immodium and some of the Bentyl. My pain after meals has disapppeared and the cramping is gone too. I don't feel the urgent need to use the bathroom in the mornings as I did before. I'm going to keep on using it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Its been a few weeks now and the Colostrum seems to be working. I've cut back on the Immodium and some of the Bentyl. My pain after meals has disapppeared and the cramping is gone too. I don't feel the urgent need to use the bathroom in the mornings as I did before. I'm going to keep on using it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.