Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have been thinking about trying Colpermin because a friend with IBS told me that it really helped him. I have read some great reviews for it.I was jsut wondering if anyone here has tried it? My dietician told me that peppermint was extremely good for IBS. Thanks.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
I use Altoids as where I am they are cheap and easy to get ahold of anyplace that sells gum (not true everywhere).Peppermint is an antispasmodic so may reduce pain. Some people find taking before meals may work better (or any other predictable pain time) than waiting until it is bad then taking it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
HiI take Colpermin and it has helped. One in the morning.You take it a hour before food. It doesnt disolve in the stomach, it starts in the small intestines.I also have peppermint tea, after meals, which is good. I also take Spasmonal, which my consultant has prescribed for me 2 weeks ago. This I find has been better with the stomach cramps.I have also tried Mebeverine, which gave me wind, and also Buscopan.Its worth a try.Hope they help.Are you in the UK?.. If so, they do sell them in Tesco or sainsbury, but is cheaper to go to the docs and get on prescripition.. Fiona x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts