Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, great forum, Ive read alot and found some interesting things here. Heres my issue(s)Im 28, male. About 6 weeks ago I woke up one morning with some cramping and after a BM, felt alot better. Well for about 2 weeks or so, it was the same issue, have some small cramps and then feel better after a BM. Then week 3, I began having stress with work, etc and I felt that I was getting cramps more often. It started in the lower left area at first(Minimal pain) but now I feel the cramping everywhere. Lower left, lower right, even in the upper abdomen,etc.I have a bowel movement EVERY morning religiously. Have not missed a day in probably half a year. Very normal healthy bm's. About 2 weeks ago I noticed that when I took Gas-X I felt 100x better. Then about 4 days ago I started getting some indigestion issues. Again, still stressful times,etc.I found Zantac works well for that and Gas-X for the stomach cramps. From 10pm-630am I do not have a single issue. I feel great during that time. I have never woke up due to cramps,etc. Only from 9am-7pm or so. When my stomach feels really crampy and I start passing alot of gas, I immediately feel better. Til the gas returns
The new indigestion issue is putting more pressure on the upper abdomen which is worse than the old cramps. On a scale of 1-10, the cramps never get worse than a 3. Usually a 2. Just pressure and gassy feeling.Anyway, I was wondering if these were underlying symptoms of something worse? I had a physical round 1st of Jan(Before any of this happened) and everything was great. Good bloodwork,etc. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow, but am anxious. Never had any problems like this before. I did get these symptoms in all about 4 months into a workout program that had me taking 2 different supplements, tons of vitamins and protein powders,etc. Did I jack up my good bacteria doing this? I have since stopped. Any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Nothing that you posted sounds like you have anything to be very concerned about. See what the Dr says tomorrow. Try to calm yourself or distract yourself til then... as you have already seen what stress can do to our GI tracts... Keep us posted.All the best

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The doctor seems to think its IBS, especially considering that my issues take a break during the evening
But she did say she was going to run some test and check for Celiac disease and anything else it could be before deciding it to be IBS. So we'll see what she finds out. She also said that thyroid issues can cause stomach problems and a few years ago I had a higher than normal Thyroid, so were looking at that as well. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well heres my update...All of my tests came back fine. CBC, Liver Panel, Celiac, everything ok. The day after I went to the doctors(Even though she said I wasnt showing signs of needing a probiotic) I went and purchased GNC 25 Probiotic. On top of that I started drinking peppermint tea, and snacking on Altoids. I also began taking Beano before every meal. Well, about 4 days later, my issues made a complete 180. All of the gas and indigestion issues went out the window. The pain in the right side disappeared immediately and the pain on the left side(The main culprit) went down to me almost not even noticing it. I even went 2 days without it being there at all. I think in the past 10 days I might have felt the dull pain(on a scale of 1-10 probably a 1 now) a handful of times. Im hoping that within the next week everything will clear up completely.I spent almost 4 months on supplements for weight lifting and absurd amounts of protein and calories a day. On top of that I was taking Milk Thistle, not knowing it had ragweed in it which Im highly allergic to it, so who knows what that was doing to me!If I could get an entire week without feeling that dull ache in my left side, then I will be 100% relieved. Til then Im at about a 90%

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.