Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
be able to poop. I know it is absolutely nuts, but when anyone other than my husband is inthe house I get really uptight about using the bathroom. My husband's daughter(Age 25) is coming in for three days and I am scared that the little bit I am able to poop will stop because of anxiety. I guess I am prepared for the worst; if I can't go for three days I will just bite the bullet and take MOM after she leaves. I hope I can manage and I wish I wasn't like this; in fact, up until 15 years ago I never cared about such things. Now, well, it is what it is-- thanks for letting me vent

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Hi Cig,I know EXACTLY how you feel. I am EXACTLY the same way....maybe worse, because I would get myself all "uptight" just thinking about her visit, so I would probably screw myself up before she even got there. It is pathetic how we do this to ourselves.
How many bathrooms do you have? If you only have one, it will probably be even more difficult. I hardly ever have overnight company for the same reason, but when I do...there is a guest room and bathroom downstairs leaving the other bathroom free for me and my husband...but even then I have problems. I have the same problem staying overnight at other peoples homes...which is why I NEVER do. I don't envy you, but the good news is at least it is only for 3 days..it could be worse, she could be coming for 3 weeks...YIKES!!!!

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Hi Cig,I know EXACTLY how you feel. I am EXACTLY the same way....maybe worse, because I would get myself all "uptight" just thinking about her visit, so I would probably screw myself up before she even got there. It is pathetic how we do this to ourselves.
How many bathrooms do you have? If you only have one, it will probably be even more difficult. I hardly ever have overnight company for the same reason, but when I do...there is a guest room and bathroom downstairs leaving the other bathroom free for me and my husband...but even then I have problems. I have the same problem staying overnight at other peoples homes...which is why I NEVER do. I don't envy you, but the good news is at least it is only for 3 days..it could be worse, she could be coming for 3 weeks...YIKES!!!!

·
Registered
169 Posts
You are not alone!!I worry more about having diareha tho than constipation. Sounds like a good idea to just forget it for 3 days and then take something. My son, his wife & grandaughter came for a visit and we were swimming, I had to go home & was in the bathroom for 45 minutes. I was so embarrassed plus I didn't get to see my Gdaughter much.I hope you do ok. Good luck.

·
Registered
169 Posts
You are not alone!!I worry more about having diareha tho than constipation. Sounds like a good idea to just forget it for 3 days and then take something. My son, his wife & grandaughter came for a visit and we were swimming, I had to go home & was in the bathroom for 45 minutes. I was so embarrassed plus I didn't get to see my Gdaughter much.I hope you do ok. Good luck.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I am the same way, although I am fine around family members. Maybe someday you will feel close enough to this woman where it won't bother you anymore. The worse case scenario isn't too bad... I alternate between D and C so it is normal for me to not go for 4-5 days at a time. Pep talks might help. I had to do two trips recently. One was a 5-day stay in a lodge where I shared one two-stall bathroom with 10 other women I was in a conference with. I decided I did not want the crampy feeling C gave me, so I gave myself little pep talks all the time. I actually managed to go once which was enough for me in a 5-day period. I did another 5-day trip a year later when I was staying in a condo with four other women and the one bathroom we shared was next to the living room. But the pep talks work. For me, it's almost like I have to give myself "permission" to go. Air fresheners and stuff like that can also make it easier for you.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I am the same way, although I am fine around family members. Maybe someday you will feel close enough to this woman where it won't bother you anymore. The worse case scenario isn't too bad... I alternate between D and C so it is normal for me to not go for 4-5 days at a time. Pep talks might help. I had to do two trips recently. One was a 5-day stay in a lodge where I shared one two-stall bathroom with 10 other women I was in a conference with. I decided I did not want the crampy feeling C gave me, so I gave myself little pep talks all the time. I actually managed to go once which was enough for me in a 5-day period. I did another 5-day trip a year later when I was staying in a condo with four other women and the one bathroom we shared was next to the living room. But the pep talks work. For me, it's almost like I have to give myself "permission" to go. Air fresheners and stuff like that can also make it easier for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.