Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

· Registered
290 Posts
and you've got no right to get out of your strait-jacket - speaking as an ex-vegan who still largely avoids animal foods, and would love to live in a world where veganism is easier and i'm a little ethically tougher, who's happy to proselytise her opinions but isn't going to get any SATISFACTION out of a steak-chomper suffering with ibs.look guys, this ****** comes onto the board, starts a dozen threads basically stirring the ****, loving the attention, telling people what to do. his orientation towards alternative practices is the only discernible difference between him and flux. and i think that's cause flux - under his new assumed identity - thinks that a fun way to discredit non-allopathic treatments is...

· Registered
3,987 Posts
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, agreed- but a little respect wouldn't go amiss. Jay and MissC- please read this link i have put in below.Thank you.Also, please refer to the charter you should have read when you registered:
quote:You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, inappropriate for a young adult or child, or otherwise violative of any law. This BB enforces a zero tolerance policy for hate. Those propagating hate about an individual, group, religion or belief will lose their posting privileges. http://www.ibsgroup.org/cgi-local/ubbcgi/u...bb=agree_review

· Registered
284 Posts
Sounds like Eric should be hauled off to the jail house according to your paragraph above. This guy Jay, as I wrote on another of his threads I read ( and was shocked at what he wrote ) needs to be ignored as he's not got anything to offer but some out of butt advice..........sorry, yet that is how I feel about his postings. Again, as I said before, does he even have IBS ?

· Registered
290 Posts
altho' Nikki ... hmm ... do you want to go through that paragraph line by line, and think about Flux's behaviour and signature? among others.maybe it's just easier for the timid to go after the soft targets and nice guys.

· Registered
3,987 Posts
lol! The difference between eric and Jay is that eric does actually have some advice to offer and in't "ordering" people to do so. Now, im not saying Jay doesn't have something to offer, but the manner in which he is doing so isn't really on.Jay- if you have something to con tribute then that is great, just try and sort out the wording a bit more- you sound like you are preaching.I am however, interested to know how this doet and lifestyle has helkped you and a little more about your symptoms!(no hard feelings guys).

· Registered
290 Posts
actually i've gone back and read that paragraph one more time. and it doesn't appear to apply to Jay at all. (Do point out if i'm wrong here, and how). it's not like i'm defending the guy - i think he's an idiot frankly. however, everything he's said seems to me to be well within the limits of (an idiot's) freedom of speech.now i can see how it applied to me regarding obscenity - i said '****' (and that's all - the other asterisks were asterisks when i typed them - fill in your own term). considering the forum we're on it seems a little weird that that's an unacceptable term. however considering the pejorative uses to which it can be put (although i'd say that in this case it wasn't) i can find it understandable that it is banned. just a little ironic.any other content in my post i.e. aspersions on the mental health of others ... well, i could point your attention to a million other posts... i don't want to bring Fluxy's name up AGAIN...

· Registered
23,788 Posts
"Red meat isn't bad for you. Its blue and green meat that is bad for you!"Can remember who said that though.Daisy, please clarify your remarks please, where have I done any of the above.

· Registered
23,788 Posts
Beautylover, it was actually a joke.Blue and green meat will give you food poisoning.Some meat is healthy in the diet and meat is a protein and hence brain food. Our ancestors developed bigger brains from eating meats.It is a problem a lot a times when people cut things out and don't get the nutrition they need for proper functioning to begin with.

· Registered
1,070 Posts
It's not difficult to get good nutrition without eating meat. However, it is a lot harder with a vegan diet than a lacto-ovo vegetarian diet. Add IBS to the mix and as much as I like eating vegan meals I don't think I'd be able to completely eliminate eggs and dairy from my diet. I really think I should be eliminating dairy, but it is so hard to do so, and I do enjoy cheese and yogurt.

· Registered
700 Posts
jay, i really think you should stop generalizing! what works for you does not work for everyone.take me for instance--i could not eat a vegan diet cuz i cannot eat most fruits or some veggies.it really disturbs me that you come on here and make these generalizations that pretty much say: 'if you're not doing what i'm doing than you're stupid and worthless.'

· Registered
3,987 Posts
Thank you minimum- thats the term i was looking for! Stop generalising!What i mean is, personal attacks (although they do happen, especially regarding flux) should not be tolerated.If you do not like the views expressed by someone by all means tell them, but try to do so without being offensive, rude. Direct attacks on people are not good. I know this still happens though.

· Registered
1,284 Posts
You guys are sure nice on this BB. Thats cool though. I'll respect this Forum. vegan diet and raw foods, vomiting, yea, OK, great. Steak tartar baby. Jay what are you doing? San Pedro Cactus smoothies? Sorry couldn't help it. just take the keyboard away. I'll be OK.

· Registered
290 Posts
in fact Nikki, could you give me the link to one of the threads where you've reprimanded Flux for his signatures and his 'attitude', expressed in contemptuous reference to the morals, ethics, sanity and intellect of his 'opponent'? i presume that there is at least one instance of you doing this? in reprimanding others for their 'attitude problem' i think we're walking a fine line. bearing in mind the whole 'i hate what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it' principle of free speech. just because somebody thinks you're stupid doesn't make their post 'hatespeech'. it means they think you're stupid. not quite on a level with anti-semitism or misogyny, and it devalues the meaning of 'hatecrimes' to suggest otherwise. still not defending the guy here, and his I'LL TYPE ALL CAPS TO MAKE SURE YOU KNOW I'M MAD post, complete with obscenities aplenty, on another thread, clearly overstepped the mark.

· Registered
362 Posts
Nikki your posts(the ones I read ) are proffissional, smart, and civilized (except when you compared Jay and Eric.)If there is a vote for the most "add value" in this forum, I would vote for Eric. The only problem he does not give you a happy ending, which can be scary. Like that thing about a brain in the gut, and the brain is damaged.Some posts make me mad, but that does not give me any right to hurt other people's feelings. this is not about revenge or getting even. I made that mistake before, but hill with it, I always can blame my IBS.

· Registered
515 Posts
heh. if i went vegan, my IBS would be about 10 times worse. make that 100 times worse. eggs help my ibs, and so does eating meat. this does not apply to everyone, and neither does a vegan diet. the world is not exactly like you jay.. think outside that bubble!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.