Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was diagnosed based on my symptoms about a year and a half ago. (The only tests I had done were blood tests, abdominal x-ray and pelvic ultra sound.) Up until recently, my symptoms have been manageable. (I do frequently feel discomfort in my abdomen, but BM issues never got in the way of my every day life.) For a few weeks now, I have been experiencing BMs that are on the watery side. I thought it had to do with milk/dairy so I took those out and despite that change, I woke up today with watery D. At least 1 or 2 days a week for the past month or so I have been experiencing watery D multiple times a day. I don't have a fever, no blood in the BM, and as far as I can tell I haven't lost any weight or energy. A couple times I had to get up in the middle of the night and had D. (I only went once both nights, and not a lot came out..) I'm just concerned with these changes.I know people go through flares with their IBS, which very well could be the case for me. Last winter I do believe I experienced an increase in symptoms, but not like these necessarily. I was wondering if anyone else goes through times like this? I do not have insurance or the money to go back to a doctor. anyone have any opinions or suggestions? I'm so frustrated!

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Well if your general well-being sounds good and there is no blood I suspect maybe just a flare up of the IBS.One thing that can cause more watery diarrea, however, is microscopic colitis, but one of the treatments for that is Pepto Bismol, and since that treats diarrhea anyway you might try a week or two of pepto bismol and see if that gets you through the flare up.If you don't take probiotics and you can tolerate them you might try adding some of those for a few weeks. If your flora is out of balance that can make things worse.If it gets severe, or you start feeling poorly you might need to get at least a stool sample checked out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.