Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm very confused as to what may be the cause of my symptoms. I am able to have a BM every morning with no difficulty, so constipation isn't the issue. However, despite that fact that I produce a good size BM each time, I often don't feel the relief that should come with doing so. I'll have 3 or 4 days in a row where I go and feel as if if I've gotten everything, but that is followed by several days each week where I still feel as if I didn't go. As I mentioned, these are large BM's that come out with no effort. You would expect to feel these symptoms if it was a struggle to go, or if what came out was small, hard, etc. But that's not the case.I drink at least 84 oz of water every day, exercise, and eat a high fiber diet. I also drink 8 oz of Plum Smart juice every night. I've tried Phillips Colon health capsules, Pearls probiotics, Align, and Benefiber - most of which seemed to cure the problem for a week or so before the symptoms returned. Has anyone else experienced this problem ? If so, were you able to find anything that helped or what the cause was ?I'd appreciate any help you could give. Thanks very much.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
The colon often sends the wrong signals or reacts improperly to normal signals in people with IBS (or any functional GI disorder)This "incomplete evacuation" seems completely independent of stool consistency. People with diarrhea can have that "but I still need to go" after several quick visits to the toilet.You might try either a mind body approach (as that can "reset" the signals or at least help you adjust so the "noise" is less and not mistaken for signal) or you have to take medications that effect the nerves and depends on how disruptive it is if you want to try antidepressants that help with IBS to see if they "retune" the nerves for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.