Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i haven't long found out about ibs (constipation) so i keep asking what must seem like silly and repetitive questions, so im osrry for that!but recently my tummy has been strange, almost like rumberling and gurggling but wiht out the noise. and at other times its just as strange, the best way to describe it is air comming through water (air bubbles) say in a bottle or something? is this normal or a thing of IBS, does anyone else have it?im also very tired and have alomost constant pain, well more of an aching back, especially waist height.im sorry but i just need to come to grips this the whole thing an i need questions answered and my gp doesn't seem to want to answer them. thank you for any help and advice.caz x

· Registered
130 Posts
Mine bubbles, whines and pops (almost like the bubbles bursting could knock me off my chair!). That's why I'm looking around on this forum.Would sure appreciate others explanations for this. Your problem sounds like mine, but I tend to not have the constipation.

· Banned
8,797 Posts
Gastrointestinal sounds have to do with the gastric phases of the migrating motor complex according to http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.f...t_uids=10022632 "The chronological relation between antral motility and gastrointestinal sounds, and the dissimilar effects of erythromycin and somatostatin, suggest that antral contractions increase gastrointestinal sounds, perhaps by supplying gas into the intestine"

· Registered
143 Posts
I think you'll find that anyone with intestinal problems will have an assortment of sounds and gaseous feelings. It is actually more dangerous to have no sounds. It is just the sounds of an unhappy bowel with too much gas...something that happens in constipation because the stool is in there longer than normal and decomposing away. Plus gas builds up with small blockages from a sluggish system and passes through spasmodically.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.