Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In case you didn't know.......THEY GOT MARRIED!!!!!
AND BEST OF LUCK ON TRYING FOR THE *BABY*!!!

·
Registered
286 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS WES & TRACY!!! Just read your post under Sex. How exciting. Do you feel any different? You guys seem to make a great couple, so supportive of each other and I wish you the absolute best. Here comes the happily ever after part!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I, too, wish you two the very best. Hope you are able to have that long-awaited bundle of joy in the near future.I hope ya'll have two bathrooms!AMF

·
Registered
360 Posts
Everyone, Thank you all for your warm wishes, tracy and I were on line last night and we saw some of the nice things you've said. Today we have some bad news, We decided to cancel one of the two weddings, the one in Florida with her family is out. Her dad is an ######, can I say that here, well I'm going to anyway, it fits. He told her that he would prefer her not to have a wedding in florida and can't understand why she wants to make such a big deal about it "People get married every day." his words. Go elope, he said, why can't she just be happy with what she's got. We never asked this man for anything, you know, we're paying for the wedding, we're moving to florida to help look after Tracy's mom cause she's had that stroke, and all we ask is that he be excited for his daughter and instead he just tramples her dreams into the ground. It's double hard because my family is super excited, it wouldn't matter where I had the wedding they would want to be there no matter what. He says to her " I suppose when you have a baby your going to expect people to visit you in the hospital too." I wish the old bastard would just keel over! So, now we're having only one wedding, it's going to be on my father's ranch in Ontario, and Tracy isn't going to have one single family member there, no pictures with her folks, no dance with her dad, no dad walking down the aisle, nothing. I'm sure she doesn't even want to have the Canada wedding now. This sucks. I couldn't even comprehend a family not being supportive of a wedding, and I didn't know what to tell her, she's just a wreck right now. I have to go home. I'll be back later, maybe.Wes------------------Only those who risk going too far, will ever know how far they can go.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Oh Wes....... talk about raining on your parade! Welcome to Wedding Planning Stress! One thing to keep in mind - you absolutely cannot please everyone. With a father-in-law like that, you probably couldn't please him no matter what you did, so save yourself the trouble of trying. Do what you want for your wedding - so many people do what they think others want - do what you two want. It's YOUR day.My fiance asked one too many groomsmen..... now we have to ask one to be Head Usher instead..... that was our Wedding Blunder Number 1 - not bad for 5 weeks before the wedding! Weddings have their ups and downs - focus on the good time you two will have that day - because you will. I guarantee it!------------------Fear can hold you prisoner. Hope can set you free.Missycat

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Wes - I'm so sorry for poor Tracy. Her dad must be a really miserable person to act that way. Thats so sad, him spoiling such a wonderful occasion like that. I can't understand an attitude such as his - I would climb mountains to be at one of my children's weddings... As far as I'm concerned, he doesn't deserve to be notified of any future big events in yours and Tracy's life together. Sorry to hear about this - give Tracy my best.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
dear wes & tracy, first wanted to say congrats. I'm saddened to hear about tracy'sfather's reaction, it must be really hard for her. When my parent's married, mixed religionmarriage, it took a long time for my dad's parents to accept my mom. They got married inScotland, my dad was from Canada, I was born in montreal. My dads parents weren't at the wedding more because of geography, but then they eventually moved back to Canada for awhile and things smoothed out. My mom didn't have a good relationship with her own mom, soI always feel sad when I hear things like this. Maybe when you have a baby, her father will change his behavior. Hope everyhting works out.Hope Tracy feels better soon. ellie.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Wes and TracyI am really saddened to hear that anyone, particularly a family member could hurt someone in this way. I know its not a perfect world but no one should "rain on your parade"! My heart goes out to you both.Wes you know how to make Tracy happy, that is all you can do at this time. It is a shame that both families cant share your happiness but you must make it a happy day nevertheless.I hope the IBS is staying away, but knowing how stress can be related I guess this has triggered something major. Wes please give Tracy a big hug for us, and take care of yourself too. Jenni

·
Registered
360 Posts
Everyone,Here's what I decided to do. I could see it in her face when I got home yesterday, she was just sick of the whole world so I thought a getaway was in order, unfortunatly, usually when you need to getaway it's so last last minute that it's really expensive. But, luck was with us, and I booked us into a nice resort up in the mountains (we were going to do mexico for the weekend but the airfare was like 600 each), we're leaving at noon and are just going to take a weekend OFF. No thinking about the move, her mom, the weddings, her family, if we're pregnant, our jobs, money, anything. Just two days of doing nothing.So, Have a good weekend everyone and we'll see you all back here on Monday. Take care.Wes

·
Registered
674 Posts
Wes, good idea! Have a wonderful weekend! I'm so sorry her father reacted that way. If you are still going to have the wedding here in Ontario, tell Tracy I'll stand in as family if she wants...maybe a sister or cousin?
We're all family here anyway, aren't we? ------------------An' it harm none, do what thou wilt.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.