Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some advice. I am considering taking lotronex but I can't decide if it would be right for me. I would consider myself ibs-d but sometime after a really "explosive" attack I won't have to do anyhting for about a week. I don't get uncomfortable, I just don't have to go. It's the only good thing about a bad attack I feel safe for a few days.My doctor said she would go with the lotronex but I am not sure. Any advice out there?

G

·
I have been on Lotronex for 2 weeks now. I am Ibs C most of the time except for when I have to do anything out of my routine. For the first week I did not go at all. So I stopped taking it and took a laxative. I had no pain, which was great, but I knew it was not good. After the Lax. took efffect I cut my dose in half. Now I am only taking 1/2 a day. It has only been 3 days since I'm back on it I have not gone yet. I also started taking fibercon, 2 a day. I am really trying this in hope it is a cure all for IBS for me. My boyfriend thinks I am crazy. He wants me to stop taking it. I will give it 1 more week. Good Luck.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Skitt....I have read in many different places that lotronex was not good for anyone except those with ibs-d. My doctor's colleague has a son that works for glaxo welcomeand my doctor said that a lot of the problems that have been reported, were by people who never should have been on the medication to begin with. Some of these people were not monitored closely either. Reiterate you symptoms to your doctor just to be on the safe side.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.