Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my symptoms are as follows:

Basically constant bloating, anywhere from somewhat mild to severe. Pain. A little bit of constipation but not much. One thing I've noticed is that after i eat, I must not move. If I move that triggers bloating and pain that last for hours. Lasts through to the next day etc. and the next day.

Any small amount of movement anywhere within an hour or two from eating (even small amounts) could trigger this. Also, if it's hot outside and im eating the same thing could happen without moving. Just the heat seems to slow down my system and it messes all up.

Does anyone relate to this symptom with the movement after eating or the heat?

Thanks

·
Community Manager
13,175 Posts
have you tried the low FODMAP diet. that can help reduce gas and bloating.

have you been tested for SIBO--small intestine bacterial overgrowth. SIBO can cause bloating as well as other symptoms.

http://www.siboinfo.com/

·
Registered
6 Posts
have you tried the low FODMAP diet. that can help reduce gas and bloating.

have you been tested for SIBO--small intestine bacterial overgrowth. SIBO can cause bloating as well as other symptoms.

http://www.siboinfo.com/
My doctor is scheduling a hydrogen breath test for me. He was a bit hesitant, but luckily he agreed.

I am just wondering if they test for methane as well as hydrogen. Do most places test for both? I am located in pittsburgh and probably getting tested in one of the upmc labs. How would i find out if they also test for methane?

·
Community Manager
13,175 Posts
that's good you got scheduled for the test.

i would imagine that they will test for methane as well as hydrogen. i would think that it would be standard procedure to do this. i was tested for both at the university of michigan hospital.

you could call either your doctor's office or the upmc lab to ask. that's what i would do--call the lab.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.