Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 23. I have been struggling with this for the past five years. The last two years seem to be worse. I suffer from constant and bad smelling gas. I often pass it silently, somtimes as often as every 30 seconds. I am a vegetarian, and have not been able to find any trigger foods. I think I am going to try keeping a good journal and limit my diet to maybe just rice... and every 3 days add a new food. I went to two doctors, first they gave me a mild anti-depressant (said it was for IBS) with no luck, then the expensive zelnorm for a month or two with NO change, I then got tested negative for celiac disease, a catscan came back negative, and I have not gone for a colonoscopy yet (after reading the entries on this site i'm beginning to feel a bit unhopefull). I've tried metamusal, with no luck. I drink lots of liquids. I think it is connected to stress. I know that it is causing me a lot of social stress and daily grief. I also have a bloated and discomfort feeling in my lower gut. Sometimes this discomfort wakes me up in the morning. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. It sounds like many people are in the same boat as me. Thank you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm 22 and my situation is pretty similar to yours, except that the only time I have bad-smelling gas is when I eat a lot of fiber. So maybe you can rid yourself of that at least by eating less fiber. You may have to drop your vegetarianism to help you get better. I find that most fruits and vegetables and whole grains and the like make my bloating and gas worse. It's not like I get totally better when I don't eat those things, but they do make it worse.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.