Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all im new as of ten minutes ago i am so desperate for answers please help, around 6 months ago out of knowere i started havin chronic gut pain,with loose bowels and sickness! in the last 6 months ive had every test possible but to no avail i still have the pain and occasional loose bowels its ruining my life ,ive had dozens of blood tests,stool samples,ultrasound,colonoscopy and endoscopy tested for h pylori all clear they cant find anything ,but how is it possiblw when im doubled up in pain like today ?? ive tried mebeverine for ibs ,manuka honey,i am now on lansaprozole which eased it at first but not realy now a month in anyone help please !!!!!

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
IBS is nerve pain.Nerve pain doesn't show up on medical tests designed to look for everything but nerve pain.It is like taking your TV to the repair person and leaving the remote at home. If the remote is shorted out he'll tell you the TV is fine even though it won't do the right things when you get it home and push the buttons on the shorted out remote.Most of the worst pain in the world is "nothing is wrong" other than the nerves signalling pain are doing it all the time when they should not. Look up stuff like phantom limb pain when people feel their limb that is NOT there going through all sorts of excrutiating things because the nerves are still going off.Have you tried (or found a doctor who will actually treat IBS appropriately and will prescribe the following) antispasmodics like Levsin or Bentyl or antidepressants, mostly Tricyclics and SNRI's although if you have a lot of constipation then SSRI's may be a good choice.

·
Registered
1 Posts
just got my first script for levsin today. bentyl did help but not enough. was on robinul before. i also have bile dumping and diverticulitis. i was born with bad guts..had pyloric stenosis surgery at 4 wks old. thanks for the info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts