Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ..I'm new in the community, I am Brazilian and I found this forum searching the internet about this curse that is the irritable bowel syndrome.I have constant pain on the right lower abdomen is already 1 year. It all started after the loss of my baby, I began to slide into depression, and one month after the loss I started feeling these pains, so my intestines stopped working normally as it always had been, I go to the bathroom every 3 or 4 days at the beginning the pain was mild discomfort, swelling, many gases, was hospitalized, I took up Tramal vein and nothing to spend.They made me tomography of the pelvis and abdomen, ultrasound, x-ray of bowel transit, several blood tests, occult blood in the stool, I have taken several expensive medications, and nothing to spend.Now my doctor wants me to do a colonoscopy, but saying it is without prejudice to IBS, to make sure this is what he wants me to do this damn exam, I'm desperate, depressed, I'm afraid to die, discover disease serious ... I'm 24 years old, and my quality of life is zero because of it ....
I hope you understand the translation, because I do not understand any English, I put the google translator. (Laughs)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yea, your English was just fine! :(Good thing is, youve had tons of test that generally wouldve discovered something life threatening. The fact youve had this issue for a year should goto show that it is not something life threatening. Life threatening diseases like Colon Cancer or something like a bursted appendix(This because of the location you state the pain is in) would have done so already. Most of the time Colon Cancer does not show any symptoms, and is usually diagnosed through colonoscopies in people over 50. You being 24, it would be extremely rare, so you should try relaxing a bit and not letting the anxiety of dying young run your life. You'll see that IBS symptoms get worse with anxiety.Hopefully this helps. Sorry my portuguese is not that good, or I wouldve helped you out there as well

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have that pain very intense at times. My started about 3 months ago. I am haveing a hard time dealin with it all. I'm going to a new gi doctor tomarrow. I hope to get som where. I too have the fear of death. Get the colonoscopy I had one done last week not to bad. Did they tell you it was IBS?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Megs five days after being hospitalized and having done these tests I mentioned above, I was diagnosed with IBSI hope it's nothing serious even Bonzi, I want a baby yet ... Thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Getting a colonoscopy just helps the GI doc make the diagnosis that you do have IBS and that it isn't something more serious. I have pain on the right side almost every day. I take at least 2 tramadol for pain. It even interferes with my making decisions about what the pain is. I have had 2 of them already and I am only in my mid 30s. The prep is the worst part of it, even though it is getting easier by the as they discover easier ways to cleanse you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts