Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi just wondering if anyone else has constant pain. I have had pain everyday for the last 6 months in the lower right side. It never goes away.
Hi ThereI really do not want to make you feel any worse than you already do, but I have suffered constant pain in my right side of the abdomen and lower back for the last 10 years now, I have alternating constipation and diarreah and live on pain killers. I have been on co-codamol upto 8 a day, Movicol, Buscopan and now VSL3 aswell, oh by the way I also have bacterial overgrowth in the small intestine. I cannot even remember what it was like to be pain free. I am now waiting to see a pain management team to change my medication. Make sure you get all the tests done, don't let these doctors fob you off.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi just wondering if anyone else has constant pain. I have had pain everyday for the last 6 months in the lower right side. It never goes away.
yes same here but for the past 5 years , even though the past 3 months been so worse, i feel like you do , i just wish there was a cure. sometimes i want to run or jog but im scared the pain might come too hard.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I came across this post because I was searching specifically for constant pain in the gut myself. I have for at least 5 years have had pain in my abdomen. It feels like pressure. Any kind of pushing on it hurts horribly and makes me feel sick. I feel like there is something in there that is really infected for sure, but I have had many tests. They include:Upper GI Barium Swallowing - NegativeEndoscopy - Showed some barrett's esophagus and a healing ulcerAbdominal Ultrasound - NegativeAbdominal Xray with contrast - Showed large amounts of retained gas & feces throughout the colonLOTS of blood work - All negativeBlood pressure - GreatI thought for sure they would find something... I am so incredibly frustrated. Your not alone in your pain. They tell me I have IBS, Dyspepsia, and Anxiety. I know that I have these things, but this constant pain just seems like it should not be 100% continual without a major problem. Can you describe your pain a little more? I am curious what your pain feels like and exactly where it is.Thanks,

·
Registered
103 Posts
Well, the pain in my right lower abdomen has been intermittent but a constant companion for three weeks, and looks to have made itself at home. This is something apparently common for those with Crohn's, but it sounds like lots of people with diagnosed IBS experience it, too. What a drag, man.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I too have abdominal pain all day every day, mine is on the left side around the descending colon, and it does feel worse if you poke it, so try not to, it also feels like it is on fire and being twisted at times. I have had this now for nearly two years and have tried all sorts of tablets for the pain but nothing really helps, but had IBS-D for 11 years, very severe for the last 2, now I am waiting to see a pain management clinic.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
My colon, when it was bad, could not tolerate any pressure of any kind, nor any bouncing of any kind.Didn't matter if I pushed on it with my hands, a belt, I braced the muscles to lift something, etc.Usually they are more concerned if the pain goes away when you push on it and rebounds when you release. Pain when you poke something that is in pain is usually a good sign.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've have solid pain days almost 2 weeks now. This is horrible for me because I am a hypochrondriac. I became so depressed and scared this weekend reading #### online about kidney stones, appenditicis, gallbladder, stomach cancer, colon cancer etc... I managed to convince a few times that it is just IBS and severe gas, but my pain is dominantly on the right side. Dammit, why did it have to be the right side???Mine doesn't hurt when I press on my stomach, but when I get up from bed, bend over and walk around, it's like knives stabbing me

·
Registered
3 Posts
Make diagnosis of your stomach six moths continues pain means really difficult to face. Some time there may be chances of appendix. Consult to doctor as early as possible. Don't be so much worry

·
Registered
473 Posts
hallo allemaal, net nieuw in dit forum .. leuk je te ontmoeten .. koele plaatsen =)
Translated it means: hello all, just new to this forum. nice to meet you. cool site.A lot of forumites express frustration when nothing is found in their physical examinations. Acceptance that there is nothing physically wrong could make a great difference.Apparently we have some 50,000 random thoughts a day. Sadly, these generally default to the negative. These have nocebo qualtiy and are potentially toxic, ie you get what you expect.You can clean up yout thinking by checking out your internal dialogue and how you talk to yourself. Is it positive or negative, it can only be one or the other.A mate of mine often needs a toilet stop at shops. It obviously gives him the 'shits'. He doesn't have a bowel or bladder issue, its simply an emotional response.Jackmat

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.