Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a 17 year old Female and I have a stomach problem. (I have IBS but I dont know if this has to do with it or not)Lately I have been constantly hungry.I eat breakfast in the morning and an hour later, it feels like i never ate anything. My stomach growls and burns until I eat something and then it'll be ok for about another hour, then it does it again. It keeps getting worse to. It's getting so bad I don;t want to go to school anymore.(I just cant take the pain). I went to the doctors today and he told me it was "normal". Does this sounds NORMAL to you?? I'm going for a blood test tomorrow but my doctor said it's probably just a waste of time. Does anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
142 Posts
hi shy06,I'm the same boat as you. I'm 20, and for the past year or two my main problem has been feeling too full too soon. But now, it's the opposite. I'm super hungry all the time. I'll have a decently sized meal, but after finishing, I feel as if I ate nothing. It's horrible. If your doctor thinks it's a waste of time, I suggest getting a better doctor. I have had to switch from three different doctors. take care!

·
Registered
3 Posts
hello,I've had similar problems and realized for me its gas. I have a regiment of activated charcoal when I have gas, that's the only thing that will stop it. I take 5 pills and it absorbs it, the only thing I feel a bit trapped because I walk around with the bottle because the gas happens even when I am 5 minutes late for a meal.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I had this exact problem for a number of months and was eventually diagnosed with Coeliac Disease, although I do also suffer from IBS. With Coeliac Disease, your body is unable to absorb nutrients from food, due to damage to the intestines caused by an allergy to gluten in wheat, barley, oats and rye. In theory, if you stay on a gluten free diet, everything should go back to normal. However, I will stress that although this was the cause of the problem for me, there's no way of knowing if that is the same problem you are having. If you are ever in doubt about something like this, you should always speak to a Medical Professional.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.