·
Community Manager
13,182 Posts
thanks. you're more than welcome.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
2 weeks ago heard from Mayo, I'll be heading in October. Apparently they thought my case was "Serious".

That's good news I guess. I hope they find something or at least give me a way to function as an individual.

·
Community Manager
13,182 Posts
that's great that you'll be going to mayo next month. if anyone can help you, they can.

best of luck to you and please keep us posted. thanks.

·
Community Manager
13,182 Posts
yes, good luck. so sorry you're in so much pain. hope mayo can help with that.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Hi. Did you go to Mayo clinic? If not when are you supposed to go? How is your constipation now? What are you taking for it? Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Hi
I am on the airplane as we speak... Unfortunately sitting in the lavatory in pain. Appointment is tomorrow.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Hi
I am on the airplane as we speak... Unfortunately sitting in the lavatory in pain. Appointment is tomorrow.

·
Community Manager
13,182 Posts
Good luck with your appointment.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I have Pelvic Floor Dysfunction severe. My pelvic muscles are not relaxing to allow stool to pass thru.

Over 900 mass they say concerns them, but i have 5000 mass. That explains the pain.

Now Im waiting months for physical therapy and trying to make it through each day.

back home now.

·
Community Manager
13,182 Posts
thanks for the update.

so very sorry to hear that you have pfd. and so sorry that you have to wait so long to start biofeedback and physical therapy. i do hope that biofeedback and PT help you.

i was dx'd with pfd. my gastro doc said i was one of the worst cases he's ever seen. i went through two eight week sessions of biofeedback and PT. i also bought a home biofeedback machine so i could practice at home.

good luck with everything. take care.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Thanks guys...

Managed to find a local place that knows this problem in and out and has had great success treating it. Will be meeting with them end of November.

One problem regarding biofeedback, at the Mayo clinic we attempted to try it just once and it could not get in there. The pressures are too tight everywhere. During one of the tests I did I had severe severe pain and had to abort the test.

Well I'll bring it up to them and see what happens. I hope and pray because the pain is unbearable.

Thanks all for your supports.

·
Community Manager
13,182 Posts
Managed to find a local place that knows this problem in and out and has had great success treating it. Will be meeting with them end of November.

that's wonderful. hopefully they will be able to help you. thanks for keeping us posted. good luck!

i've read that sometimes valium suppositories can help relax the muscles down there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, has anyone suggested lots and lots of water??? It helps. Also a product called super colon cleanse. Found at health food stores. Saved me.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I do drink a lot or water every day, yes.

Things are still very tough, but I'm doing my best to do the exercises every day. It will apparently get worse before better and I think I'm starting to feel that. The last few days have been really tough, all though yesterday was fine.

I'm hoping and praying that this works. Thanks everyone.

·
Community Manager
13,182 Posts
good luck. i really do hope that things get better for you soon--especially the pain. you've suffered too much already.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thanks alot annie. So far no luck yet but I'm sticking with the program. More times than before I can at least use the bathroom now and have a formed bowl movement but still doesn't feel empty. The pain is the same but sometimes worse. I guess that's progress.

happy new year to everyone suffering out there with me, wishing you strength.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts