Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner

Constipated every moment of every day with pain

13K views 67 replies 11 participants last post by  annie7 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi,

19 year old male here

I was misdiagnosed with IBS-D issues but now I have only Chronic Constipation. Every day I'm constipated. so bad that I was hospitalized with severe pain for hours back in august. since then my doctor has be on miralax, and some fiber.

I think I need to find the right balence of it or something, because after a while the fiber helped, then made it worse again. the pain gets so severre I'm almost screaming. (and i'm fairly pain intollereant).

I'm looking for suggestions. I'll be seeing my GI this week.

thanks.

#52 ·
Some update...

Good that you learned how to control your pelvic muscles, so sorry that there is still pain. I hope it goes away too
Thank you

I have now completed the PFD therapy, and had an X-ray showing my colon is now mostly empty. GI has be reducing the evening MiraLAX dose keeping the morning dose. We don't know what is causing the discomfort still. I really hope this works because otherwise we've tried pretty mucuh everything....

#53 ·
3 months later. no luck. Usual things are just making everything worse, trying fiber etc. Everything that is supposed to help since solving PFD just worsens this.

I've been in communication with the Mayo Clinic to return there since is been nearly a year. I have absolutely no life, at all, so this is literally my last option. I don't know what else to try... I've tried everything in the damn book and I still can't work, go to school, or have a social life. What type of life is that.

#56 ·
3 months later. no luck. Usual things are just making everything worse, trying fiber etc. Everything that is supposed to help since solving PFD just worsens this.

I've been in communication with the Mayo Clinic to return there since is been nearly a year. I have absolutely no life, at all, so this is literally my last option. I don't know what else to try... I've tried everything in the damn book and I still can't work, go to school, or have a social life. What type of life is that.
So sorry to hear that, but I'm sure you'll find a solution soon.

#55 ·
I've been on Dr. Schulze's Intestinal Formula # 1 for over 5 years now. I take it daily during my main meal of the day. It's all-natural/herbal. You should definitely try it. You can buy it on Amazon or directly from his website:

#57 ·
@flossy Thanks, I've tried it and unfortunately I got way worse.
@flankking I appreciate your support but doubt this will be the case.

I was in the emergency room again due an onset of intractable pain that did not stop and the inability to have a proper bowl movement. Since then still I am not having proper bowl movements. In addition, the more I try things to help, the worse I get even when undoing the change.

Something is very wrong here and I don't know how it will be found at this rate. Mayo Clinic doctor wants me to return for some tests but I have absolutely no idea how I will get there at this point.

I'm getting very tired of living this utterly destroyed life.

#58 ·
so very sorry for all you are going through.

i had both pfd and colonic inertia and things got so bad for me that i finally had ileostomy surgery . kind of extreme but it did give me my life back.

keeping you in my prayers. good luck.

Reactions: flossy
#59 ·
Thanks Annie Your continued support means a lot.
Well extreme pain here again, this time with a lot of movement and nearly 2 doses of MiraLAX, one in the morning and one now.... and all I did was eat a normal sized dinner.

Also, Mayo Clinic doctor was told about my ER visit and apparently is extremely concerned. Most people with theses symptoms do not have the type of pain I have apparently and that scares me. At this point I don't even know how I'm going to get out there let alone stay in a hotel. And they're only admitting COVID and Cancer patients and of course life threatening things.

My luck just gets worse and worse. Its now about 4 years I've been dealing with this pain.

#61 ·
I somehow got to the Mayo by not eating anything but breakfast.

It's tough being in a hotel but I'm trying to eat low overall portion but high protein food to reduce bulk. Hopefully they find something this time that leads to more successful recovery. It's very frustrating to be here a year again later far worse than before.

#63 ·
December 6th update.
Mayo found nothing, except that my PFD was resolved - but yet no helping from my symptoms.
CT Scan normal. Endoscopy normal.

Forward to November. Back in the ER early Nov. Horribly traumatic experience since EMS didn't give me anything for pain it took a while to get seen. Next time I'm going back to not taking any pain control at him and letting EMS do it. I spent almost 2 hours there literally screaming in pain. They did a CT again and found some fluid in the pelvis which ended up being benign, was on antibiotics, doctor was considering Hirschsprung's, so had a colonscopy done and it was ruled out, still waiting on the follow up appt with the GI surgeon to discuss anything else now that the lab results are back (I didn't fully understand the report I saw online)

Had a few more flare ups along with the normal daily pains but nothing ER worthy. But I'll say this is horribly traumatic. I don't f***ing know how I've managed to stay sane. Quality life is almost nonexistent for me. Running out of options (and diagnosis')

They want me to try bisacodyl or possibly trulance. We will be discussing at the appointments soon. One thing that I'm not sure about... everyone always says its unusual the level of pain I'm in. That's not encouraging. I don't really like the idea of having to take some pain control drug.

#64 ·
so sorry to hear this. i was really hoping mayo could help you. and i'm so sorry about all your pain. that's miserable.

i used to take dulcolax. one important thing to remember about it: don't take it within 1 hour of taking antacids or dairy products or you'll get cramping.

hopefully trulance will help you.

opiod pain pills can make constipation worse so hope you don't have to go that route.

keeping you in my prayers. i really hope you can find something that will help you.

#65 ·
Thanks. Dulcolax caused me lots of bad cramping and did not help with the constipation even though I avoided dairy and don't take antacids. So that isn't an option :(

I will be trying Linzess, Trulance, and Motegrity probably in the next coming months. Other than that I don't really have any more options left.

I also will be heading to another motility clinic about 45 minutes from me to see if they have any other ideas.

#66 ·
sorry about the dulcolax.

good luck with Linzess, Trulance, and Motegrity . hopefully at least one of those will work for you.

and good luck at the motility clinic. hopefully they can help you.

keeping you in my prayers.

Reactions: ChronicTick
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.