Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Have you tried a low flatus diet?Or a low fructose diet?Did the digestive enzymes have pancreatin in them or were they from fruits or vegetables? Probiotics?Now bloating isn't always from gas but the pancreatin works on the non gas reasons.If you have severe constant bloating (doesn't come and go) particularly if female you need to have other things (like ovaries) checked out. Bloating from ovaries tends to come on fairly quickly and is all the time and nothing for the GI tract will effect it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have had my ovaries checked. I tried low fructose diet and low flatus diet. I also tried many different brands digestive enzymes. Nothing helps since my IBS is severe due to eatig disorders when I was younger. I totally messed up my stomache .I tred probiotics for months and they only helped about 7 days for my c and then stopped. I've had this hell for almost ten years now.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Eating disorders do seem to mess up the digestive system for the long term.Have you tried an osmotic laxative (not the stimulatory ones that people with eating disorders tend to abuse) which only pulls water into the stool?Sometimes that will keep the stool wet enough to move so even if the GI tract doesn't move it well, it can keep moving it. Some people like Magnesium supplements, other like Miralax.Eating regularly at the same times every day may help and you may be one that needs to eat 3 larger meals (to get more colon movement after a meal) rather than grazing or 4-6 small meals.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I tried magnesium pills and they do not work for me besides once or twice a month. I eat 6 mini meals a day since I have severe fullness from gas so I can't eat 3 larger ones. I tried and I though I was going to pass out since I was way sicker. Too much food at once it way to hard to digest. I tried gentle laxative well the kind that clain that like Miralax and milk of magnesia and they all gave me severe cramps /bloat/gas.Thanks foe trying to help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.